Arabesk "Background" question

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
jimmarcacci
Casablanca Unit: Avio digital/DVD

Arabesk "Background" question

Post by jimmarcacci »

I've been a Casablanca user since 96 or 97?? I taught TV production at our local high school and saw the Cassie at a Springfield, Illinois, electronics store. I had to have it! Since then we've bought several units and we really love them! When I taught, I had joined Caroll Lam's tip list and learned a great deal there. There were not over 3000 members then but we did network quite a bit of info. I've also attended all of the March Get Togethers in Moline/Davenport. Great event, Jim.

Presently, I'm using an Avio DVD with 4.1d and Arabesk 2. I'm having a problem with creating an animated background with audio for my DVD menu. When I select the animated scene for my background (always a minute or less), the video portion is fine but the audio plays faster than the video. The audio sounds like a 33 1/3 record played at 78 rpm speed; leaving the last portion of the video without any audio.

I do remember successfully doing this, but it was just that one time. What could I be doing wrong?

Jim Marcacci
http://www.soundandimage.org
JPaul
Casablanca Unit: Kron Plus(NTSC) OS 6.2c/Arabesk 2/3, LaCie FWHD, most software; Sony PD-150s

Re: Arabesk "Background" question

Post by JPaul »

Hi Jim,

I don't think you've done anything wrong. I use Arabesk 2 all the time and nearly always use animated background. I've never encountered what you describe. The scene is construced while in projects and must be 60 s or less or it will be truncated. Are you using the cam sound or music? Either way it should work, but it sounds like you're experiencing some sort of corruption either in Arabesk itself or with the footage in the project.

You could start by uninstalling Arabesk and then reinstalling it. Be sure to use a different source cd if you have it as the source could be suspect.
Next, you might try reworking the piece in your project, especially redoing the sound. I assume you created a scene. Did you apply NOP by chance?
The possibility also exists that the fault lies with the OS. You can do an update without destroying your projects.

If all else fails, you may need to go out to tape, completely reinstall the OS & Arabesk, then bring back your footage. But don't do that until others have had a chance to lend more suggestions. Good luck!
Paul Tessier - Northern Virginia