IMPORT TITLES

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
GregB
Casablanca Unit: Solitaire 6.1a almost all software/avio dvd basic

IMPORT TITLES

Post by GregB »

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to import archived titles from 1 hard drive to another on the solitaire and if so how to go about it.
Thanks Greg
Lowell
Casablanca Unit: 1 casablanca solitaire most software. liberty plus all software one S4000 pro most software. One S4000 pro all software. 6 panasonic and 2 sony 3ccd cams. running Se9 on solitare and bogart 3.2 on both S4000's.

Re: IMPORT TITLES

Post by Lowell »

Hello Greg. I believe you could use disk transfer by putting the titles you want on the disk then import to the other hard drive. If you have a Lacie stand alone hard drive you could make a scene of them and export to drive then inport to your other drive. I do not know of a way to go directly between drives. HTH.
Lowell Brockway email: justperfectvideo@sbcglobal.net 330-922-5606
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Greg,

It depends on the OS you are on for one thing.

With the more recent OSs you can archive the Storyboard to CD/DVD or external firewire drive which would allow you to put Titles you want to archive onto the Storyboard to transfer them between drives I believe although I have not actully tried this.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
HansJoachimKoenig
Casablanca Unit: KARAT Bogart 7.1
1-Monitor Mode
Almost all software
Arabesk 6.3f / Ext-HD /Ext-HD-Dock
Sony Cam XR520

Post by HansJoachimKoenig »

Hi Greg,
yes you can do so. If you have saved in System Settings your "Archives" to either FW-HD or CD/DVD
you can restore "Archives" to any chosen hardrive of your Solitaire.
Assuming that you have saved text in "Text-Archive" already (Or saved colors in Text style archive).
System settings--->Options--->Backup/Restore Archives.
Just go to system settings and hit recover of archives. All saved texts and colors will be accessable again.
But as I said you first have to save to the different text archives, only then you will restore all savings
using this function.
Hans-Joachim König
Berlin / Germany
Volker
Casablanca Unit: equipment: Sony HDR-XR520, Sony RX10, GoPro Hero1, Actionpro X7, Canon Ixus 70, 2xEnterprise MAX with Bogart SE 5/6, Samsung 42" FullHD LCD, Samsung 22" DVI Monitor, Samsung 22" HDMI TV Monitor

Post by Volker »

Hans is right.
And if you have the card-drive software installed, you even can use a USB stick to save and restore your archived titles and colors.
Volker Hill - Germany