Audio out of sync

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
methuenbill
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Studio Pro (unable to use with latest software) The old reliable S6000 still working and using till Studio Pro works. Avio DVD, IMac, Panasonic AG-AC30, 3 Panasonic AG-UG90 last Bogart software and Arabesk release

Re: Audio out of sync

Post by methuenbill »

It loaded fine on the Apple Imac. All is in sync, Just have to fiqure out how to get 2 hrs and 10 min on a single dvd.
methuenbill
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Studio Pro (unable to use with latest software) The old reliable S6000 still working and using till Studio Pro works. Avio DVD, IMac, Panasonic AG-AC30, 3 Panasonic AG-UG90 last Bogart software and Arabesk release

Post by methuenbill »

Chet any Ideas? I now have the Avio burning a disk to see if it worked. The Apple creating a file for dvd which I hope fits on a disk. The 4k trying to salvage a wedding which is also out of sync. I have already lost money on My dance recitals.
methuenbill

Post by methuenbill »

Loaded fine on the Avio but the 16:9 had bars on top and bottom. All audio synced up. Using the rca Jacks quality is ok but not as good as the video quality on the 4k
When playing on wide screen tv there are black lines top and bottom. Normally the video cover the whole screen. Tried to install v4 but system doesn't see disk.
methuenbill

Post by methuenbill »

could not figure out how to get rid of hte black lines on the top and bottom in the Avio produced dvd. Went back to the 4K and ran scens sample of each of the 58 scenes and manually inserted and adjusted each scene. I have 3 other recitals that are similar and that I will have to do this same proceedure. On the Apple I did one recial but I had to burn it to two disks. I have loaded version 4 of Bogart but it did not help with the audio sync problem. I tried to get to the casablanca expert web site but it must be down.
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

methuenbill wrote:could not figure out how to get rid of hte black lines on the top and bottom in the Avio produced dvd. Went back to the 4K and ran scens sample of each of the 58 scenes and manually inserted and adjusted each scene. I have 3 other recitals that are similar and that I will have to do this same proceedure. On the Apple I did one recial but I had to burn it to two disks. I have loaded version 4 of Bogart but it did not help with the audio sync problem. I tried to get to the casablanca expert web site but it must be down.
Hello Bill,

First of all, my website did/has experienced some 'fun' the last few days. You can access all the resources at this temporary URL - http://cassieexpert.live.subhub.com .

The black lines you refer to above usually occur when you are importing a 16:9 video into a 4:3 project. It is critical to ensure we all set our project settings properly prior to beginning any project.

This topic (mixed aspect ratios) is so important and growing in its' application that I presented a webinar just last Thursday titled Aspect Ratio Solutions - website members can access the 90-minute video here: Aspect Ratio Solutions: Mixing with 16:9 and 4:3 video

I am not sure on the audio sync issue on your S4000. I know some folks have complained of audio sync issues, some related to camcorder and varying formats. Some due to mixed up settings - some apparently legitimate issues. When working with Bogart V4 /Smart Edit 9 I recommend un-checking the button to view video while importing (in System Settings Menu).
As far as burning it to DVD in your Mac computer, you would have to vary the settings in iDVD to get all that data onto 1 disk... it's possible but I find much easier to do in my Casablanca.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
methuenbill

Post by methuenbill »

Finally finishe the 3 dance recitals. I had to split each dance place on the storyboard and put a 1 sec transition in betewwn each. I the made an audio scene copy placed it under each scene and left mouse clicked 36 times to get the audio to sync up. Also I had to start at the end of the story board and go forward it would not work beginning to end. I then muted the video track and ran my master. I have the first show out for review by one of the parents that noticed the audio was out of sync. I have figured out why the Avio made the black bars on top and bottom. In my rush to try to fix the audio problem I ran RCA out from the HXR-NX5U to the VX2100 and firewire to the Avio. Thanks Chet! I forgot to set the VX2100 to 16:9 so it was sending 4:3. The audio synced up fine when I did the import this way. I have 1 more dance recital to fix and two weddings. Wish me luck.