PhotoStudio 2 Help Needed

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
vdoeddy
Casablanca Unit: KRON

PhotoStudio 2 Help Needed

Post by vdoeddy »

Hello everyone. I recently purchased the PhotoStudio 2 and tried it out this weekend using the downloaded PDF instructions that leave a lot to be desired. I'm having most of my problems in the Animation and Presentation part. Does anyone have any better ideas or instructions that this ole-boy can use and understand better. I also cannot figure out how to put what you have worked on into the SmartEdit Project and Scene Bins. Any help would be mostly appreciated.

Regards,
Ed Holland
Holland Video Productions
eddyjames@comcast.net
Ed Holland
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: PhotoStudio 2 Help Needed

Post by LouBruno »

Purchase VIDEO MANUALS VOLUME 3 & 4. There is an excellent tutorial that can be followed. Contact your dealer or MSUS direct. I find these fine video manuals are good for the new user as well as reinforcing prior experience when not constantly using software.
vdoeddy wrote:Hello everyone. I recently purchased the PhotoStudio 2 and tried it out this weekend using the downloaded PDF instructions that leave a lot to be desired. I'm having most of my problems in the Animation and Presentation part. Does anyone have any better ideas or instructions that this ole-boy can use and understand better. I also cannot figure out how to put what you have worked on into the SmartEdit Project and Scene Bins. Any help would be mostly appreciated.

Regards,
Ed Holland
eddyjames@comcast.net
chetdavis
Site Admin
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 PRO, Renommee Plus, Liberty Plus

Post by chetdavis »

Hello Ed,

Photo Studio 2 software has some great capabilities, among them are the animation settings -- as Lou pointed out the Video Manuals, Volume 3 and 4 provides an excellent walk through of the operations of Photo Studio 2 -- I will be happy to share with you a quick answer to one of your questions. To get a photo /JPEG from Photo Studio 2 into Smart Edit (your Scene Bin) you simply need to click on either 'Scene' to make a video scene of your photo (you select the duration/length) or in the Animation Menu when you click on 'Create' it will render the animated motion and place a video scene of the animation in your Scene Bin.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
Vice-President, Marketing & Sales
MacroSystem US
http://www.macrosystem.us
Office 303.801.1056
vdoeddy

Post by vdoeddy »

Thanks Chet and Lou for your replies. This will help. I was surprised, however, at 49-looks at my post, I only had 2-replies back. Either everyone else has the Video Manuals or help like myself.
Thanks again,

Ed
Ed Holland
jeffphilips
Casablanca Unit: Renomee Plus, SE 7

Post by jeffphilips »

Ed, I would have posted the answers after I viewed your post, but I do not always have the time to respond. I am sure that is what happened in your case.
Jeff Philips
In Focus Studios
Raleigh/Durham
North Carolina
Cassie user since 1999
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

49 Looks may not have been executed by 49 different members. If I'm home and my computer is on I may check this board and a post that interests me several times in a day as I see new replies have been added. If I can't help I won't post.
Craig Newman
vdoeddy

Post by vdoeddy »

Whoaaaa, I didn't mean to offend anyone by saying I didn't have but two replies from 49 looks, I just thought maybe the rest of you were having the same problem that I'm having. I know and don't expect replies from all looks since I know there will not be any if there are no answers to the question. I myself don't replya to all I look at. Again, sorry for the offensive comment.

Regards,

Ed Holland
Ed Holland
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

No offense taken, just possible clarification given. :)

I have to agree with your comment about the manuals "leaving a lot to be desired".
Craig Newman