Liberty: getting analog in and out

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
garymcnally
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro, Studio, Touch, Travel 2, Sapphire, Ultra, TV Studio 2, Portable TV Studio, and Titanium TV Studio. Bogart 10 Windows Desktops - Laptop -Tablet - Karat - S-6000 - S4100- Dell XPS 8930 with Intel i7-9700 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU, and 16Mb RAM. JVC GY-HD100U - JVC BR-HD50U - CANON HV20 - SONY AX33 4K

Liberty: getting analog in and out

Post by garymcnally »

I know you can do it with the proper camera, but has anyone had any luck with one of the small analog to DV converters like the Canopus AVDV 110?
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us
BobC
Casablanca Unit: Meteor Pro Ultra, OS 10, Arabesk 7

Re: Liberty: getting analog in and out

Post by BobC »

Hi Gary,

I bought one a few days ago, but it didn't come automatically with a power supply so I had to order one separately. Should be here in a couple of days and I will report back.

Seems odd that it wouldn't come with a power supply, but the reason is that you don't need one when using a 6 pin firewire cable with a computer. Then, it fires right up. Unfortunately, it did not work with a 6 pin to 4 pin cable going into the Liberty. :roll:
Bob Claxton
Heritage Video

Meteor Pro Ultra, OS 10, Arabesk 7
BobC
Casablanca Unit: Meteor Pro Ultra, OS 10, Arabesk 7

Re: Liberty: getting analog in and out

Post by BobC »

Gary,

Got the power supply yesterday and ran my first test. Went into the ADVC110 via RCA, out via 6 pin to 4 pin firewire cable into my Liberty. Worked like a charm. Very stable. Was able to edit a 2 hour project down to about an hour and 40 minutes and burn it to DVD without a hitch.

Thanks Chet, for the suggestion to try the ADVC110.
Bob Claxton
Heritage Video

Meteor Pro Ultra, OS 10, Arabesk 7