Solitaire / Windows Compatibility?

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
bvolcjak
Casablanca Unit: Solitaire V7: DRC-Arabesk4.0, DRC-PhotoST2, DRC-FontSPKPRO, BorderX-BorderX, DRC-PIPSTUDIO, DRC-TITLEFX, TITLE FX2-TITLEFX2, TITLEX3D-TITLEFX3D, SPLIT-X-SPLIT-X, Bonus PkV1.0, Bonus EffectsV1.0, Effect Pks.1-4, Motion 3D, 1&2, VME Compact, Effects Pk 1,3,4V1.1, SplitXimage collection V1.0, Panasonic DVX100A camcorder

Solitaire / Windows Compatibility?

Post by bvolcjak »

Is it possible to move / store a short Solitaire DVD presentation to a Window's based PC or laptop? I presently have no problem playing the DVD in either device since both are configured with Power DVD etc. What I'd like to do is load and store the presentation within either device for convenience. My hunch is that it won't work since the PC and / or laptop would not recognize the Arabesk2 encoded presentation. I'd appreciate any feedback if possible. Thank you.
Bill Volcjak,
Annapolis, Md.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Solitaire / Windows Compatibility?

Post by LouBruno »

Sure can. Do a search for DVD Rippers. DVD FAB GOLD is a good program. You can RIP the files from ANY DVD and store them in folders.......even Hollywood Movies for your own use....archival purposes. The program will also rip ISO files for downloading our software from the MSUS site.
bvolcjak
Casablanca Unit: Solitaire V7: DRC-Arabesk4.0, DRC-PhotoST2, DRC-FontSPKPRO, BorderX-BorderX, DRC-PIPSTUDIO, DRC-TITLEFX, TITLE FX2-TITLEFX2, TITLEX3D-TITLEFX3D, SPLIT-X-SPLIT-X, Bonus PkV1.0, Bonus EffectsV1.0, Effect Pks.1-4, Motion 3D, 1&2, VME Compact, Effects Pk 1,3,4V1.1, SplitXimage collection V1.0, Panasonic DVX100A camcorder

Post by bvolcjak »

Hi Lou,

This sounds too good to be true but I do appreciate your help. I'll try the info you suggested. Thanks very much for your time and have a good day.
Bill Volcjak,
Annapolis, Md.
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Bill,

Arabesk created DVDs use the same file structure as PC/Mac and Hollywood created DVDs with VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS files.

They have an additional one titled ARABESK that is used in our systems for identification, but does not interfere with playback or copying on a PC or Mac.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

YEP......I just checked my folder and both VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS files are present. To burn I have to click on VIDEO_TS at which time a movie is compressed to a DVD-R @ 4.7 gigs. I just click on the MAIN MOVIE to have clear picture and I do away with the trailers etc. I use the program to archive my home videos and those movies I own. I do this for safekeeping.

TimKennelly wrote:Bill,

Arabesk created DVDs use the same file structure as PC/Mac and Hollywood created DVDs with VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS files.

They have an additional one titled ARABESK that is used in our systems for identification, but does not interfere with playback or copying on a PC or Mac.
bvolcjak

Post by bvolcjak »

Hi Tim / Lou,

OK, I confess that I'm not very computer savy. Like I said, I've got a 10 min. Solitaire created DVD (actually a DVD-RW) pres. and I'd like to get this puppy into my PC / laptop so that I can eliminate the need to load etc. when I get to my destination. As I said, the DVD does play perfectly when I load etc. Can you give me the sequential steps to actual place it into my PC?
Bill Volcjak,
Annapolis, Md.
LouBruno

SONY FDR-53 4K,

Post by LouBruno »

Go over to CNET.Com They may still have the FREE DVD RIPPER. If not purchase DVD GOLD FAB.

Download the file above.

Place the disc you want to archive in your computers DVD player.

OPEN DVD GOLD FAB

It will ask 1) Do you want to make a copy...........NO.......

Do you want to store the VIDEO file in MY DOCUMENTS.........YES

PRESS the GO button and all of the files will be archived in the DVD FAB FOLDER.

Good Luck......
bvolcjak

Post by bvolcjak »

Lou,

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I will do as you indicated. I don't mean to be a nag but I'm still real new at this stuff and unfortunately don't use my system frequently enough to build the competancy that I'd like.

If I could just ask one more question. I presently have 2 projects in my Solitaire. I named the first one a few weeks ago etc. but am experiencing difficulty naming the new one. It appears that what ever I name the new one ultimately renames the old project. Do I need to "clear" something prior to naming a new project? I know I'm missing a step but can't remember what it may be. Thank you again for your time.
Bill Volcjak,
Annapolis, Md.