Solitaire / Creating Subcaptions

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
bvolcjak
Casablanca Unit: Solitaire V7: DRC-Arabesk4.0, DRC-PhotoST2, DRC-FontSPKPRO, BorderX-BorderX, DRC-PIPSTUDIO, DRC-TITLEFX, TITLE FX2-TITLEFX2, TITLEX3D-TITLEFX3D, SPLIT-X-SPLIT-X, Bonus PkV1.0, Bonus EffectsV1.0, Effect Pks.1-4, Motion 3D, 1&2, VME Compact, Effects Pk 1,3,4V1.1, SplitXimage collection V1.0, Panasonic DVX100A camcorder

Solitaire / Creating Subcaptions

Post by bvolcjak »

It's been a while since I've worked with my Solitaire and I'm experiencing a problem with Titling.
I've selected "In / Out Fading Pages" and just want to edit in a simple 3 line sub title underneath a talking head. I'd like the subtitle to appear for approx. 6 seconds then fade out.

When I hit preview the lines just appear and run the entire length of the 4 min. clip of the talking head. This doesn't seem right. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Bill Volcjak,
Annapolis, Md.
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Re: Solitaire / Creating Subcaptions

Post by BobFoster »

A very simple way to do it is to split the 4 min scene into three parts. Start, Title, End. Make the Title part 6 seconds or however long you want. Add the fading lines title to the 6 second part and "Create". Done. Others may have more elaborate methods
Bob F. GVP
chetdavis
Site Admin
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 PRO, Renommee Plus, Liberty Plus

Post by chetdavis »

Bob's method will work, another way is to click on the 'duration' or effect length box (upper left, beneath SB). In the Titling menu this is normally the entire length of the scene. Click on 'Range' and then adjust the IN and OUT (not Position) to sit directly over the part of the scene where you want your title (or you could also adjust the in and out to show a duration of 6-seconds, and then adjust Position to go in the right spot).

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
Vice-President, Marketing & Sales
MacroSystem US
http://www.macrosystem.us
Office 303.801.1056
eriktom
Casablanca Unit: SOLITAIRE

Post by eriktom »

Does it make any difference in length of the page display if applied before....or after transitions?