saving to renommee

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
jeffphilips
Casablanca Unit: Renomee Plus, SE 7

saving to renommee

Post by jeffphilips »

Can you save the whole project to cd, including scenebins as well as storyboard with the renommee?
Jeff Philips
In Focus Studios
Raleigh/Durham
North Carolina
Cassie user since 1999
chetdavis
Site Admin
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 PRO, Renommee Plus, Liberty Plus

Re: saving to renommee

Post by chetdavis »

Jeff,

Here is the info I believe you are looking for:

The external HDD (Storyboard Archive) feature new to Smart Edit 6&7 does not copy the scene bin - it only works to archive the Storyboard, and there are some limitations here to be aware of:

in DV Backup Mode the Storyboard Archive does not retain any video inserts (unless you make a scene of them). Also it will retain transition effects but if it is an effect like BlueBox World it will not retain all the settings adjusted below the Storyboard. Title Effects similarily -- it will restore the Effect but not the specific settings made below. If you have titles, complex effects in the SB that you are happy with then make a scene of them and it will restore that.

Another suggestion is to place raw footage and/or footage you have not yet used in that project on the SB after the work in progress so it can be archived and restored.

One last thought - you can export with the DV setting it _will_ archive the entire SB as a single scene, which may not be as workable to edit but it is a good insurance policy should your HD go south without you.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
Vice-President, Marketing & Sales
MacroSystem US
http://www.macrosystem.us
Office 303.801.1056
jeffphilips
Casablanca Unit: Renomee Plus, SE 7

Post by jeffphilips »

yes, that was the answer I was looking for. Unfortunitly, I asked because I saved like you mentioned and it did not keep the effects. I originally had to delete it from the hard drive to make space for another project. I thought once that was done, I would have been ableto reload the other project.

Do if the new system will be able to backup the scene bin and all effects on the storyboard?
Jeff Philips
In Focus Studios
Raleigh/Durham
North Carolina
Cassie user since 1999
chetdavis
Site Admin
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 PRO, Renommee Plus, Liberty Plus

Post by chetdavis »

Jeff,

Sorry to hear it was and wasn't the answer you were hoping/looking for...

the only way to entirely back up everything is to have a mirror back-up -- where your entire project/HDD is backed up. This is a standard feature on the Solitaire/Plus and is optional on the Prestige and Renommee/Plus models. There is a 2nd HDD internally mounted that backs-up _everything_.

Regarding your question:
will the new system will be able to backup the scene bin and all effects on the storyboard?
. The new S-4000/PRO models will have the ability to have the Storyboard Archive we enjoy now as well as the ability to edit completely to/from an external HDD connected via USB.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
Vice-President, Marketing & Sales
MacroSystem US
http://www.macrosystem.us
Office 303.801.1056