Twister

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Bobbie
Casablanca Unit: S4000, 3 Solitaires OS 9 (8), Arabesk 4, most all software, 2 Avios

Twister

Post by Bobbie »

I bought a Twister from Mike in Davenport and have played with a bit, but are there any 'tricks' or suggestions on doing some editing with it? I see Tim has one, do you have some tips Tim? Mike?
Thanks,
Bobbie :)
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Re: Twister

Post by TimKennelly »

Hmm, don't know that I have any "tips" for using the Twister, Bobbie.

I personally love it for Splitting and Trimming as it essentially exactly emulates the jog/shuttle ring on my old Panasonic AG1060 and 1980 SVHS decks of old.

The A,B,C and D buttons allow you to Choose Split or Trim and the B and C buttons allow you to Use & Drop or set the In and Out points respectively.

These same buttons have some limited use in other functions and the Sliders also have some limited functionality.

If, the company had seen fit to add user selectable functioning for the four buttons and three sliders similar to what PowerKey allows with the keyboard this would have made the Twister a much more powerful tool.

Instead the company has essentially orphaned the product and I am surprised Mike still had any in stock.

He must have been clearing out the dusty corners of his stock shelves. :D

As mentioned, I really am comfortable using it for Splitting and Trimming, but that is about all it's truly good for as the few other assigned capabilities of the buttons and sliders are minor in my opinion.

The PDF download link for the manual is non-functional as it has not been updated since they moved their website.

With a little logical sleuthing I figured out where it was hiding though and you can download the manual at:
http://www.macrosystem.us/pdf/Twister4-24-02.pdf
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
Bobbie
Casablanca Unit: S4000, 3 Solitaires OS 9 (8), Arabesk 4, most all software, 2 Avios

Post by Bobbie »

Thank you so very much Tim for all the info and the site.............I will be checking it out.
I do use Power Key, but there is alot of editing I do, before titles and sometimes do not even use titles, I like the ten foot cord on it and have used it alittle, trying to learn it. I had no idea what the 'sliders' were for. The joggle knob reminds me of editing with the big boys at the local tv station, that I will try to be getting use to......I don't mind the dust yet! :lol:
Thanks,
Bobbie :)
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

The sliders are the least utilized portion of the Twister.

They can control the three slider parameters in analog modes of Video Settings, the volume slider(s) in Audio Record, Edit and Audio Mix and that is about it.

The buttons in conjunction with the jog/shuttle are of integral use in the Split and Trim functions and in those areas the Twister shines.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly