SE 7 Audio CD Created/problems

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
ThomasVideoStudio
Casablanca Unit: (3) Prestige Units

SE 7 Audio CD Created/problems

Post by ThomasVideoStudio »

I apologize if there has been postings on this before. I just now found the BB and are finally "in the loop".
I have three Prestiges loaded with SE 7.0 and are consistantly finding that the audio CDs I am burning in the Audio Record, Edit Screen do not playback
without one or more glitches EVERYTIME.

Most consistantly is the CDs inability to STOP at the end of the last track! It will remain in the PLAY mode and will just sit there and spin all day. On some CD players you can hit STOP, and it will STOP. On others it will refuse to let you stop the disc and all it will let you do is Eject the disc. I have already discovered that this AUDIO CD burning feature will not allow a successful CD playback of just single track CDs. I was burning a track of music for a figure
skater to use at her ice show...only to find that this program just can't burn a short audio CD without one or more playback failures.

Yes, I have tried everykind of media..Music CD-R, Pro quality data CD-R, different brands...the results are consistantly identical evertime. My guess is that
the encoding forgot to include a "leadout" and "automatic-end-of-disc" language into the burning program?! With three of my Prestiges all doing to the same thing, I can't imagine I'm the only guy with these problems? What's the story on this? Thanks for the feedback!
Bobbie
Casablanca Unit: S4000, 3 Solitaires OS 9 (8), Arabesk 4, most all software, 2 Avios

Re: SE 7 Audio CD Created/problems

Post by Bobbie »

I have been having the same problem............I was just about to take my tower apart to see if something had come loose in one of the decks...............I was not looking anyplace else for the problem. The cds I make do play on cd players and dvd players, but when making the dupes, it will not end like you say, and I have to manually shut down the burning and reboot to take the cds out. Not an answer to the problem, but THANK YOU for posting this, as it saves me taking apart my tower tonight as I had planned for a week!
Bobbie :?
BobNaughton
Casablanca Unit: Smart Edit 8 Prestige Plus 256MB, Bluebox World, PIP Studio,Disk Transfer, QuadCam, Motion Perfect, Motion 3D, Photo Studio2, Photo Transfer, Audio Effects Pkg, Magic Lights, Filter Pack,Arabesk 4,That's about it. I generally use a 2 monitor setup.

Shoot with 2 Sony VX2000's, and also a VX2100.

Post by BobNaughton »

Thomas,

I own a Prestige myself and have only made 2 cd's using OS 6.1. One had many tracks on it and the other only had 2 tracks about 2-3 minutes in length. Both played normally, although I never just let the whole long cd play till the end. I sent the cd with two tracks to a friend of mine to download on his computer, and he mentiioned that all went well, so I dont think it is any inherent problem with the Prestige itself or the O.S. in general. If you used the same software cd to download arabesk to your 3 units, I would first suspect you may have a corrupt software disk. Try downloading the latest Arabesk software from The main Macrosytem Website and try reactivating them with a fresh cd and new Arabesk software.
ThomasVideoStudio

Good Morning Bobbie and Bob!:

Bobbie thanks for sharing your experiences with me, it does help to better pinpoint a problem when we have run out of things to try in solving it by ourselves.

Bob, of my three Prestiges, I have loaded 3 different OP SYS CDs to my drives just to see if it was a bad CD (s). It wasn't.
Poor audio CD playback as I described earlier remains a constant. I believe it is an encoding error that we will need a bug fix for as soon as possible. If you haven't already tried this.....please burn one or two tracks of music to a CD and then play them back on a standard CD stereo player or boombox or Car in-dash system and inspect the whole playback. If using SE 7.0, you should experience what I'm seeing. If not, I wonder if your SE 6.1 was encoded correctly then?

There are also numerous little bug fixes or adjustments I'd like to see taken care of in SE 7.0 as well. Like restoring the PHOTO RECORD Mode back to a capacity of 1 minute, having newly captured scenes pop into the scene bin at the point of where it is cued up (and not at the end of the scene bin). Also when accessing scenes to be chosen as "STAMPS" in Arabesk,
it would be nice if the scene bin would remain where we left it and not return back to the same scene each time. There
are several more bugs that need attention, but I've misplaced my list. Better to repost under a related header later.

Thanks you two! I appreciate your help!
Tom Koziol
Thomas Video Studio - Eau Claire, WI
premvid
Casablanca Unit: kron plus
avio

Post by premvid »

I was able to burn some Audio CD's. I played the CD's im the car and they played fine. Of course when the
last song is finished, the cd starts all over again. I am not sure iI followed you clearly.
Bobbie
Casablanca Unit: S4000, 3 Solitaires OS 9 (8), Arabesk 4, most all software, 2 Avios

Post by Bobbie »

Tom, you are SO RIGHT!!!!
I just went back to SE 6, and the CDs burn just perfect!!! I have been pricing burners to replace my duplicator tower, thank you so much for mentioning this and discovering the problem!!! I burn a lot of cds a month, about 300-400 and was taking them to another place to burn, and they can burn them, so I figured it was my duplicator, but went back to SE 6 for this edit, and tried to burn the cds, and they burned NO PROBLEM.....so, this makes me think, why would their duplicator burn the cds dupes, and not mine. There's is newer than mine............hmmmm, don't know, do I have to know everything just to edit, dang it! Will be using SE 6 until the problem is known though.......have to dang it!
Bobbie :?
HansJoachimKoenig
Casablanca Unit: KARAT Bogart 7.1
1-Monitor Mode
Almost all software
Arabesk 6.3f / Ext-HD /Ext-HD-Dock
Sony Cam XR520

Post by HansJoachimKoenig »

Hi Bobbie
Premvid
&Tom,
you didn't recognise that on burned CDs the stereo channels will be swapped?
The L is on the R and the R is on the L-channel.
Just do a crosscheck and compare with original CD. :(
Hans-Joachim König
Berlin / Germany
ThomasVideoStudio

Hey There Bobbie & Hans:

Thanks for the Kudos, but I won't take all the credit. Bob posted that he was using SE 6.....I just put 2 & 2 together. I was using SE 7 and that was the only difference in what we were both using to burn CDs with. And now Hans reports that he is experiencing channel swapping??!! Oh boy,....

Chet, HELP! Put this on the SE Op Sys priority bug fix list please! Thanks!

Tom Koziol
Thomas Video Studio
Eau Claire, WI
(3) Prestiges
chetdavis
Site Admin
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 PRO, Renommee Plus, Liberty Plus

Post by chetdavis »

Already noted Tom - thanks.

But I will highly encourage you (if you have not already done so) to telphone our Support Team and report this issue - this helps them to verify the issue with SE Version #, Casablanca model, etc. Anyone else reading this post who has also experienced this issue, please call our Support Line at (303)801-1010 and report the situation.

Thanks,
Chet
Chet Davis
Vice-President, Marketing & Sales
MacroSystem US
http://www.macrosystem.us
Office 303.801.1056
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

The fix for the SWAPPING CHANNELS is to place the audio on STEREO B when burning a CD.