SE 7 Audio CD Created/problems

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Bobbie
Casablanca Unit: S4000, 3 Solitaires OS 9 (8), Arabesk 4, most all software, 2 Avios

Re: SE 7 Audio CD Created/problems

Post by Bobbie »

When I make a AUDIO CD from the sound from the storyboard, I see no option, to 'go to Stereo B'..............I must of missed that on the package or something? Where did these instructions come from and how do you do it? I have dozens of phone calls a day from UNSATISFIED CUSTOMERS now, I can't stand it, that they have no sound, poor sound, low sound. I will probably just go back to manually making them with my Sony burner........but the mess I have to fixed from this is terrible.
Bobbie :(
premvid
Casablanca Unit: kron plus
avio

Post by premvid »

Chet, will macrosystem upgrade the burning of cd's from the current 72mins. to 80mins. or an mp3 format?
chetdavis
Site Admin
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 PRO, Renommee Plus, Liberty Plus

Post by chetdavis »

Bobbie,

I am so sorry to hear of the difficulties this issue has apparently caused you (and to any other customers as well who use this Export to audio CD function).

Prem, as you may know the time limitation allows both CD-R and CDRW to be used for the Export to Audio CD and I do not expect that to change. The new Audio Archives wih the Bogart SE on the S-4000/PRO models have the capability to select several choices in audio export, including MP3.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
Vice-President, Marketing & Sales
MacroSystem US
http://www.macrosystem.us
Office 303.801.1056
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Hans will probably post the workaround................................he's sound asleep right now. :-)
Bobbie wrote:When I make a AUDIO CD from the sound from the storyboard, I see no option, to 'go to Stereo B'..............I must of missed that on the package or something? Where did these instructions come from and how do you do it? I have dozens of phone calls a day from UNSATISFIED CUSTOMERS now, I can't stand it, that they have no sound, poor sound, low sound. I will probably just go back to manually making them with my Sony burner........but the mess I have to fixed from this is terrible.
Bobbie :(
HansJoachimKoenig
Casablanca Unit: KARAT Bogart 7.1
1-Monitor Mode
Almost all software
Arabesk 6.3f / Ext-HD /Ext-HD-Dock
Sony Cam XR520

Post by HansJoachimKoenig »

Hi Chet,
please rember the detailed documents and Stereo-Test-Short I sent to you in Feb. 2008.
Subject were Audio-Stereo-Issues #1, #2 and #3.
In my last post on this thread I referred to Audio-Issue #2.
Hans-Joachim König
HansJoachimKoenig
1-Monitor Mode
Almost all software
Sony Cam XR520

Well, here is a description of Audio-Issue #2 and workaround.

When you burn an Audio CD in audio record menu audio channels will be swapped.
This concernes any audio modulation you like to burn. Music or natural sounds.
If for instance in your footage there is a car moving from left to right, it will move on your burned CD
from right to left.

Workaround:
If you have any audio samples you would like to burn on a CD you have to swap L&R channels first.
Choose track bin -->Special --> Swap channels --> OK
New track with swapped channels is in bin (Add manually: Swapped to not get mixed up)
You now can burn a CD having correct L&R stereo channels
Remember each sample has to be swapped first before burning.
After burning you should delete all samples which were swapped in "Special" having the wrong channels
to prevent new use for editing. Or rename as said above:SampleXYZ-Wrong channels to be alert
not to use for editing anymore.
Hans-Joachim König
Hans-Joachim König
Berlin / Germany
HansJoachimKoenig
1-Monitor Mode
Almost all software
Sony Cam XR520

If anyone would like to receive detailed info about the
Audio-Issues #1 - #3 and a Stereo-Test
please post your e-mail address on this thread and I will send it on to you :D
Hans-Joachim König
Hans-Joachim König
Berlin / Germany
IanPearson
Casablanca Unit: Studio Pro OS B4W V9
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Programs:- Most of the standard operating programs.

Post by IanPearson »

Bobbie
To answer your question on 15 April (I see no option for Stereo B), from the audio record / edit screen, under “Mode” there are 3 options, namely “Mono”, “Stereo” and “Stereo B”.

There is nothing in the manual to say what Stereo B does and I have never tried using it, but my guess is that it swaps the stereo audio channels.

If this is the case, as Lou said earlier, this should be a quicker solution for the current bug.

Ian
Ian Pearson S6000 Bogart SE7 - Solitaire OS V9.1 - Avio DV Pro OS V9.1
Programs:- Most programs, with the notable exception of CB Paint and Quadcam
Kingston upon Hull. England
IanPearson
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Post by IanPearson »

Hans
Following your private e-mail, some weeks ago, I did run all the tests you suggested and had the same results that you found. It would seem there are several issues with this part of the audio edit section on OS 7.

Did you ever advise Macro Systems direct on their web site and if so is it worth me also sending in a similar report?

As for the channel swapping issue, if “Stereo B” does indeed swap the audio channels, then the bug fix may be as simple as MS switching these around.

I will have to test this stereo B option and see if it does in fact swap channel, I will let you know if this is the case.

Ian
IanPearson
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Post by IanPearson »

OK, having just done a test, recording in Stereo B is not the answer, there is no difference in the recorded output of channels between Stereo and Stereo B.

Having thought about it, this mode has nothing to do with the output, it is an input setting. If I remember correctly Stereo B records the sound from a second audio track of a multiple channel audio recording.

I am not an audio buff and if I have got this wrong, I’m sure someone will put me right.

Nice try, but back to the drawing board.

Incidentally Hans, that piece of music you sent me is great for testing left / right channels, but now having played it so many times I cannot stop doing the samba. Olay, Olay. :roll:

Ian