SE 7 Audio CD Created/problems

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
HansJoachimKoenig
Casablanca Unit: KARAT Bogart 7.1
1-Monitor Mode
Almost all software
Arabesk 6.3f / Ext-HD /Ext-HD-Dock
Sony Cam XR520

Re: SE 7 Audio CD Created/problems

Post by HansJoachimKoenig »

Hi Ian,
there has been a mistake when Lou posted the channel swap could be fixed by switching to stereo B.
In my post of today you see the real workaround.
There are 3 different audio issues. On this thread I am talking only of audio issue #2 stereo channels
will be swapped when burning an audio CD from audio record menu.
Yes, audio issues were reported to MacroSystem/DE in Jan./Feb. 2008.
Ian it's not a samba it's a CONGA . The title is I came, I saw, I conga'd Olay,Olay :lol: and keep dancing.
Hans-Joachim König
Hans-Joachim König
Berlin / Germany
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Pardon me if I am misunderstanding, But isn't it STEREO B that is providing the needed channel that fixed the problem?
TIM.......wasn't the Stereo B effecting the channels?

IanPearson wrote:OK, having just done a test, recording in Stereo B is not the answer, there is no difference in the recorded output of channels between Stereo and Stereo B.

Having thought about it, this mode has nothing to do with the output, it is an input setting. If I remember correctly Stereo B records the sound from a second audio track of a multiple channel audio recording.

I am not an audio buff and if I have got this wrong, I’m sure someone will put me right.

Nice try, but back to the drawing board.

Incidentally Hans, that piece of music you sent me is great for testing left / right channels, but now having played it so many times I cannot stop doing the samba. Olay, Olay. :roll:

Ian
IanPearson
Casablanca Unit: Studio Pro OS B4W V9
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Programs:- Most of the standard operating programs.

Post by IanPearson »

Hans
The music might well be a Conga, but I’m still dancing a Samba. :?

That just goes to show what I know about dance music.

This is a little like a sketch that one of our great loved comedians did, Eric Morecombe, when challenged about his piano playing. “What do you mean I’m playing all the wrong notes? They are the correct notes, but admittedly maybe not in the correct order.” :)

Ian
Ian Pearson S6000 Bogart SE7 - Solitaire OS V9.1 - Avio DV Pro OS V9.1
Programs:- Most programs, with the notable exception of CB Paint and Quadcam
Kingston upon Hull. England
HansJoachimKoenig
Casablanca Unit: KARAT Bogart 7.1
1-Monitor Mode
Almost all software
Arabesk 6.3f / Ext-HD /Ext-HD-Dock
Sony Cam XR520

Post by HansJoachimKoenig »

Ian, this reminds me of a famous jazz piano player who was asked:
How can you play such a good piano when you are drunk?
He answered: I don't know but it's maybe when I rehearse I'm also drunk.
And Ian keep on samba' ing ;)
Hans
Hans-Joachim König
Berlin / Germany
BobNaughton
Casablanca Unit: Smart Edit 8 Prestige Plus 256MB, Bluebox World, PIP Studio,Disk Transfer, QuadCam, Motion Perfect, Motion 3D, Photo Studio2, Photo Transfer, Audio Effects Pkg, Magic Lights, Filter Pack,Arabesk 4,That's about it. I generally use a 2 monitor setup.

Shoot with 2 Sony VX2000's, and also a VX2100.

Post by BobNaughton »

Just getting back to Thomas Video Studio's, Bobbie, and others in this thread. I finally got around to burning a CD with only one or two tracks and check for weird happenings using OS7. My only other burn of a CD was using OS6.1. It seems to work ok for me. I burned two, two minute and 30ish seconds tracks using OS7 and have not noticed anything odd other than there was no separation between track 1 and track 2. The last note of track one was immediatly followed by the first note of track two. There was no 2-3 second pause between tracks, as you would get from a commercial CD, but I guess I was supposed to put in a 2-3 second silent sample there, and then it would have been ok. Other than that It started normally and when finished the CD did stop spinning, Basically I was happy with the results. I used a Yamaha Multi-disc CD player and a Sharp boombox covered in dust I havent used in 5 or 6 years, as well as my Toshiba computer.

My audio is fine, but one quircky thing I did notice with OS7 is that when using my trackball to move the curser or scroll through a list it often, (maybe 1 out of 15-20 times) causes my Prestige to power itself down and scold me for shutting it off improperly. This happens most often when I am using smart render and I am in the title screen. ???
BobNaughton
Casablanca Unit: Smart Edit 8 Prestige Plus 256MB, Bluebox World, PIP Studio,Disk Transfer, QuadCam, Motion Perfect, Motion 3D, Photo Studio2, Photo Transfer, Audio Effects Pkg, Magic Lights, Filter Pack,Arabesk 4,That's about it. I generally use a 2 monitor setup.

Shoot with 2 Sony VX2000's, and also a VX2100.

Post by BobNaughton »

I did not do any testing of swapped channels. That may very well exist, I just burned a couple of songs, played them back and let them play to the end.
premvid
Casablanca Unit: kron plus
avio

Post by premvid »

to be honest, i didn't noticed the channels were swapped.
premvid
Casablanca Unit: kron plus
avio

Post by premvid »

i have an important ques. but first, I don't know if is available, Question is, will we be able to burn more than
72 mins. on a cd in the future, lets say like 80mins and more.
how about MP3 2hrs. or more on a cd.
thanks