RE: New Casablanca 4 Studio Models

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
gregoryb
Casablanca Unit: solitare most software

Re: RE: New Casablanca 4 Studio Models

Post by gregoryb »

Hello all
Just a quick comment as well as a question
I know I don't use this forumn that much but I must say this is the first time I've seen a negative, dare I say nasty comments amongst fellow members. Alas times are changing. Hopefully they will be able straighten it out.
Like one member said the customer service is excellent from the company and the members on this site!
Now to my question. I am currently using a solitaire. Not set up for HD. looking to upgrade to new (used) unit.
Have opportunity to purchase s6000 . Not sure if I should or buy 1 of the brand new units. I am only part-time videographer I want a unit that will last without any problems as I do not know that much about computers or the standalones. I do know the solitaire has served me faithfully through the years with very little maintenance. Very small budget.
Thanks so much for insight
Greg B
BobC
Casablanca Unit: Meteor Pro Ultra, OS 10, Arabesk 7

Post by BobC »

Greg, I am a full-timer and used my Solitaire for a decade before replacing it with an S6000 about 3 years ago. Have found both to be very reliable. I have no opinion on the newer PC system because I haven't used it yet, but if you can get an S6000 in your price range, I say go for it.
Bob Claxton
Heritage Video

Meteor Pro Ultra, OS 10, Arabesk 7
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Post by BobFoster »

Keep in mind, there is no authorized repair service available for the older S units and further back. :(
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

I still repair Avio's, Kron's, Prestiges, Solitaire's, Renommee's etc and all "S" units in the UK as the majority of issues are easily sorted, not that there're many "S" units in need of repair.

My only stumbling block has been on the S4000 and its video board as there are now no more available (and due to other issues donor parts aren't easily fitted).

However, if it's a mains unit, hard drive, DVD burner or ram problem then it's still possible to repair these as the parts are 3rd party and, so far, still available.

I'm guessing the same 'could' apply in the US ?
bethklinger
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 4 Windows only! B4W in Casablanca Studio Ultra i7 6700K Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 (31.101.2111), NVIDIA GForce GTX1060 (30.0.15.1694) 6GB, Photopia Creator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS6, 2 Lumix G85 DSLR, 1 Lumix G9 DSLR, 2 Vizio 1920x1080 P 42" 4K monitor. LG Ultra HD BR Player UBK 80, LG HD BR Player & Power DVD 21.

Post by bethklinger »

Michael, the S6000 is an awesome machine ... so is the KARAT (If you can get your hands on one!) I think you need to decide if you want to continue editing on a standalone machine or switch over to PC editing. Both have very valid good points. However, just remember that editing on ANY computer can bring you problems/issues ... It's the nature of the beast! :lol:
Beth Klinger
garymcnally
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro, Studio, Touch, Travel 2, Sapphire, Ultra, TV Studio 2, Portable TV Studio, and Titanium TV Studio. Bogart 10 Windows Desktops - Laptop -Tablet - Karat - S-6000 - S4100- Dell XPS 8930 with Intel i7-9700 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU, and 16Mb RAM. JVC GY-HD100U - JVC BR-HD50U - CANON HV20 - SONY AX33 4K

Post by garymcnally »

Well Videoman53, we certainly tried to help you. We gave you 7 hours of videos which you barely watched. My Value Added Reseller even had you bring your problem footage over to him, and he showed you how to work with it.

It sounds like you still have not got Intel Video Sync to turn-on so Smart Booster Technology works? In the 6 weeks Bogart 7 for Windows has been out, I have tried and failed to get it going on my HP and Dell systems. Because of this complexity, on our homepage I recommend getting a guarantee from your PC builder they can activate it, if you must buy SW only. I have no reports of anyone succeeding yet, so now I highly recommend getting one of our Casablanca 4 systems; which all come turn-key with Smart Booster activated from Germany. Time is money too, and I don't see where you have factored it into your cost comparisons.
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us
garymcnally
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro, Studio, Touch, Travel 2, Sapphire, Ultra, TV Studio 2, Portable TV Studio, and Titanium TV Studio. Bogart 10 Windows Desktops - Laptop -Tablet - Karat - S-6000 - S4100- Dell XPS 8930 with Intel i7-9700 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU, and 16Mb RAM. JVC GY-HD100U - JVC BR-HD50U - CANON HV20 - SONY AX33 4K

Post by garymcnally »

BobFoster wrote:Keep in mind, there is no authorized repair service available for the older S units and further back. :(
Not true Bob,
We repair all models, and we are authorized.
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us
garymcnally

Post by garymcnally »

I would buy our refurbs from our Resellers, currently we do have a Karat and plenty of s6000's:
http://www.macrosystem.us/Dealer_List.php
They all come with a 6-month warranty!
You'll have to contact your Reseller for pricing. If you don't have one pick one near you on the list.
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us
garymcnally

Post by garymcnally »

gregoryb wrote:Hello all
Just a quick comment as well as a question
I know I don't use this forumn that much but I must say this is the first time I've seen a negative, dare I say nasty comments amongst fellow members. Alas times are changing. Hopefully they will be able straighten it out.
Like one member said the customer service is excellent from the company and the members on this site!
Now to my question. I am currently using a solitaire. Not set up for HD. looking to upgrade to new (used) unit.
Have opportunity to purchase s6000 . Not sure if I should or buy 1 of the brand new units. I am only part-time videographer I want a unit that will last without any problems as I do not know that much about computers or the standalones. I do know the solitaire has served me faithfully through the years with very little maintenance. Very small budget.
Thanks so much for insight
Greg B
Greg,
If you don't plan to go to HD, or file based cameras, then you do not need a new unit. If you do need one of these capabilities, then I would recommend contacting your dealer about the Casablanca 4 Studio, or Studio Pro.
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us
garymcnally

Post by garymcnally »

Here is what I say about Intel Quick Sync activation on our Homepage:

I suppose it is possible to find a PC wizard to build something comparable to the Casablanca 4’s performance, but I doubt it. After 20 plus years of doing nothing but designing and building the easiest and quickest video edit systems on the planet, our German engineers cannot be beaten. The Bogart 7 for Windows software was written specifically for our Casablanca 4 turn-key systems, and it works right out of the box. Maybe you will pay a little more for the seemless integration of hardware and software, but your experience and productivity will be vastly enhanced!

All 4 New Models come turn-key with the Intel Quick Sync Video Smart Booster activated, which really speeds up laborious tasks like Blu-Ray disc creation, and 4K, UHD, and 2K HD file exports. If you try to save a few bucks with a PC builder, make sure they guarantee in writing they can activate Intel Quick Sync Video, which activates Smart Booster Technology in only our Bogart 7 Windows Gold Edition. This is not important if you plan to stay in the standard definition format, but for Full 2K HD or higher, you are going to want it.
http://www.macrosystem.us/
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us