Fix for Audio Drifting out of Sync?

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Fix for Audio Drifting out of Sync?

Post by CKNewman »

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering what Cassie users are doing to fix audio sync problems with B4W 7.2?

My original footage was shot at 1920 x 1080 30p on a Panasonic AC-130. I shot a wedding and I'm trying to burn the raw ceremony and reception footage on DVDs. All clips played fine in the storyboard in the project set to 1920 x 1080 30p.

I didn't have problems with the ceremony, but the reception was a different story. I used the overmodulation check and corrected the audio level in the clips that showed red. I did this by going to the Audio Mix screen and lowering the original audio by -1 right in the storyboard itself. I used the speaker button at the left of the storyboard that says "set volume of this track" when you mouse over it. All of the red indicators disappeared and a checking for overmodulation again came back with "no overmodulation found".

I added a 6 second black clip to the beginning and the end of the storyboard. I knew something was wrong with the DVD when I noticed that the end of the first clip after the black one (at the beginning of the
storyboard) broke up on the DVD. In Bogart it played fine on the storyboard. Then I noticed the sync problem. If anyone else has run into this, what did you do to fix it? Does NOP help? Do I need to convert it to SD before burning a DVD? Thank you in advance for your help.
Craig Newman
alex
Casablanca Unit: Avio Pro 4.1D 500gb hardrive,Prestige with OS 9.1. 4-320gb Maxtor drives, Lacie 500 Hardrive, Akaba,3D PIP,Motion Perfect,Arebesk 4, Effect1-8 Most of the software. Studio Pro with Bogart 11.2, Arabesk 7, all software, GoPro 3 Black, Gopro 7 Black, Sony PD170, Sony 2100, Sony CX900 HD Camcorder Sony FDR-AX53 4K Camcorder, Mavic mini 2 drone.

Re: Fix for Audio Drifting out of Sync?

Post by alex »

Hi CK
I be leave I read the on 8 this problem was resolved.
If anyone else has read this please post it
Thanks
Alex Williams
Videos by Williams
Boynton Beach, Florida
alejanbr@bellsouth.net
http://www.youtube.com/videosbywilliams
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Fix for Audio Drifting out of Sync?

Post by LouBruno »

No need to read it...many happy smiles for sure