render fail on S4000 Pro

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
ChrisMommsen
Casablanca Unit: S 4000 Pro
Saphir

render fail on S4000 Pro

Post by ChrisMommsen »

I am unable to render filter effects, transition effects, graphics. Everything besides audio. It will still render audio. It started randomly last week where it would render some things and not others, so I thought it might be the file. Then it quit working on other files that had worked previously. I am unable to back my projects up to another hard drive also. (I have never been able to do this.) I have done an update install of my 5.5c OS to no avail. All the clips will playback fine, just nothing will render beyond audio. What else can be done, or has this sort of thing ever happened to anyone else?
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: render fail on S4000 Pro

Post by CKNewman »

Hi Chris,

I'm wondering what your dealer has suggested to you. If you don't have one at present it would be a good to choose one:

http://www.macrosystem.us/Value_Added_Resellers.php

Then I would find out what you need to be able to back up your work to another hard drive.

I never owned a Bogart machine but in any case, video files are a lot bigger than audio files. I am wondering about the condition of the hard drive. Are you using the original hard drive? Did you ever perform a destructive install to reformat it - and then reinstall all of the software, which would also defrag it?
Craig Newman
bethklinger
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 4 Windows only! B4W in Casablanca Studio Ultra i7 6700K Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 (31.101.2111), NVIDIA GForce GTX1060 (30.0.15.1694) 6GB, Photopia Creator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS6, 2 Lumix G85 DSLR, 1 Lumix G9 DSLR, 2 Vizio 1920x1080 P 42" 4K monitor. LG Ultra HD BR Player UBK 80, LG HD BR Player & Power DVD 21.

Post by bethklinger »

Chris, an update will not fix any problems. Like Craig suggested you need to do a full, destructive install of the system. I've found that these systems (standalone units) need cleaning out every now and then. I would suggest you try to back up whatever files you can, using whatever method will work, or unfortunately you will need to do the entire project over. Sorry ...
Beth Klinger
ChrisMommsen
Saphir

Post by ChrisMommsen »

I did a full install only in August. Though I assumed this would be a suggestion. My previous dealer is currently not a dealer anymore. If an update will not fix anything, it seems a nearly useless option. Is the HD Backup program the only one I need to back the internal hard drive onto an external one? I have HD Backup Bogart V 1.6 installed already and have been unable to backup my projects. Basically when I choose backup projects it crashes, then turns back on as if nothing happened, which, in fact, is correct. Is there a different procedure to do this? Since a full install may be required, I may as well upgrade into OS6?
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

Doing an Install when you want/can is always good preventative practice but, unfortunately, doesn't give a guaranteed safety period until the next 'issue'.

Updating very rarely fixes anything BUT sometimes it does and is the least invasive thing to try.

HD Back-up is (normally) a good way to send all your data out (in one go) and doesn't back up the system, which may be corrupted.

However HD Sentry is a much better method (requires Bogart v5.7 and/or above) and allows individual projects to be saved so you can work through all of them and maybe find one that fails to back-up and this 'may' be your problem.

How full is your hard drive ?

Are you able to delete anything, to gain some space e.g. an old project, and if so will it then render more ?
ChrisMommsen
Saphir

Post by ChrisMommsen »

Hard drive is not very full(under 30 percent). Unfortunately HD Back up hasn't worked for me. At this point I will do a full install of my 5.5c and then maybe get into OS6 or something since I no longer trust an OS that fails after only 4 months. Will see if this works so I can finish projects. Have not seen HD Sentry and haven't seen OS 5.7 available for download. I maybe missed it.
ChrisMommsen
Saphir

Post by ChrisMommsen »

Found and downloaded OS 5.10, did full install. Will work on some things soon and see how it all goes. Noticed it said I need at least Arabesk 5.6 with even OS 5.5c. Still had a level 4 Arabesk that seemed to work fine, though could this have led to any problems?
bethklinger
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 4 Windows only! B4W in Casablanca Studio Ultra i7 6700K Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 (31.101.2111), NVIDIA GForce GTX1060 (30.0.15.1694) 6GB, Photopia Creator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS6, 2 Lumix G85 DSLR, 1 Lumix G9 DSLR, 2 Vizio 1920x1080 P 42" 4K monitor. LG Ultra HD BR Player UBK 80, LG HD BR Player & Power DVD 21.

Post by bethklinger »

Chris, you have missed a few updates. We are on Bogart V8 and Arabesk 7 now and HD Backup Sentry has been out for a while too. But I don't think that's your issue. Unfortunately there is no "time" element involved in system crashes. It has to do with any number of things. I would test out the system, now that you've done a full install and see where it brings you, don't do a full project just enough to test your results, because there is no use in upgrading if your HDD is going bad.

Beth Klinger
ChrisMommsen
Saphir

Post by ChrisMommsen »

Don't worry, I am aware of the current OS's and machines and move into windows towers as well. I just don't always have the funds to keep up. I have been with Cassies since the original. My first was in the late 90's. Computer issues always annoy me no matter what the system, so it's not unique to Macrosystems by any stretch. Thanks for the help everyone. Oh, does anyone know the "dangers" if any of not having the level 5 Arabesks with OS 5.10?