New Footage Missing from Scene Bin on Karat

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
mvpfrank
Casablanca Unit: Karat Bogart 5.5

New Footage Missing from Scene Bin on Karat

Post by mvpfrank »

I just got a Karat with Bogart 5.5c and imported two Hi-8 30 min videos via the S-VHS input. I saw them recording but they never showed up in the scene bin. I do see they are sitting the HD showing 5% used. I did test import a few short videos from flash drive & it worked fine. I then read a few posts here that had similar issues that suggested to completely disconnect power to the unit overnight. I did that and imported two 5 min videos the same way the following morning and that footage did appear in the scene bin.

While it's not a big deal to reload the two 30 minute segments I was curious to know how I can get the footage on the HD to the scene bin in case this ever happens again.
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Re: New Footage Missing from Scene Bin on Karat

Post by MichaelD »

I'm not sure where your footage went the first time around but a Bogart machine will normally show 5% full when it's empty.
mvpfrank
Casablanca Unit: Karat Bogart 5.5

Post by mvpfrank »

Thank you for your reply! Your tip on the fact the Karat when empty shows 5% on the HD. I don't think I will ever figure out what happened to my original footage. Again I really appreciate the info! :D
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Just a thought as I have observed this with analog importation:

Analog has to be converted to our OS as you are dealing with DV25 to the proprietary codec used in the scene bin.

If the rendering process is incomplete or rendering stopped prematurely, nothing will appear. Also, the RAM becomes overloaded thus the reason for shutting and unplugging the unit to "drain" the units RAM memory. Cache clearance.