Studio 4 Issues

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Rte80west
Casablanca Unit: S4000 PRO

Studio 4 Issues

Post by Rte80west »

Hello all

Been using STudio 4 for a short amount of time. All was well for awhile then everything hit the fan the other day. Specifically, scenes became inexplicably corrupted. OK, lets get the obvious out of the way first - no I didn't back up so I'm an idiot for that. And I've been burned like this in the past so I understand the best way to proceed is to eliminate the corrupted scenes asap. Typically they seem to 'spread' - but always do so within the same project.

What was disturbing here is I uploaded footage saved from an external HDD into a new project and that also became corrupted soon after install. But this file plays fine independent of the Studio 4. So now I'm concerned because it seems like reliability is a major issue. My instinct tells me to reload everything - this is how we did it with past versions (Kron, Karat etc). Is this what I should do? Anyone else have similar issues? Also troublesome is when I try to load up certain pictures the system crashes. Nothing unusual about the pic either - files of similar size and format load fine. They are all jpg files. I don't get it. I loaded over a thousand the other ay and soon after all became corrupt. Frustrating to say the least.

Any help appreciated.
nammac
Casablanca Unit: 6000
Casablanca 4 Studio

Re: Studio 4 Issues

Post by nammac »

I don't have a solution for your problem but I do have an opinion on the 4. I have a Bogart 6000 and decided I needed to up grade before Jan. 1 a few months back. Had I had it to do over again I wouldn't have purchased this model. Generally speaking, SD video doesn't look as good as SD in my 6000. Rendering time is not a bit faster than my " rather old" 6000. Had a problem with the mother board and it took almost 2 months for authorization to mail it to Florida for repairs. As soon as I received the editor I decided this wasn't a marked improvement over the 6000 which I kept and didn't trade in. When I inquired about returning the editor I was informed of the 20% restocking fee. So I decided to keep it and learn to live with this machine. I haven't used it a lot since it was "broken" for almost 2 months but am just now getting into my busiest time of the year. I hope I don't start experiencing the problems you are having but if I do this windows 10 based computer might get loaded with a different type editing program.
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Post by JBrooks »

Sorry to hear about your issues.

Nothing but success with my Studio 4 Pro Ultra. It is way faster than any of the old Linux systems ever were.
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
IanPearson
Casablanca Unit: Studio Pro OS B4W V9
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Programs:- Most of the standard operating programs.

Post by IanPearson »

It might be worth trying the following.

When saving projects using Sentry it will detect faulty video and in some cases automatically repair faults.

However, sometimes Sentry cannot automatically repair corrupt scenes or images during the save process, but will still identify them. Following completion of the backup process, Sentry will display a window listing any defective scenes and indicate where they can be located.

Where there are a lot of defective scenes, it may be difficult to remember the location of all the faulty scenes.

Clicking the “S” button in an error log can be written as a text file to any attached USB device.

Whilst Sentry can repair some simple errors, it cannot generate new material or scenes to replace more complex issues; this must be done after the restoration process. However, where Sentry has identified these errors, when restored the defective areas are replaced with a black scene with the words “contains defective video scenes”.

Ian
Ian Pearson S6000 Bogart SE7 - Solitaire OS V9.1 - Avio DV Pro OS V9.1
Programs:- Most programs, with the notable exception of CB Paint and Quadcam
Kingston upon Hull. England