Importing .m2ts files

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Importing .m2ts files

Post by Christopher6206 »

SO I screwed up and deleted a back up of an HD program that I need to re edit. I have all the original footage and I have a Blu Ray disc made in Arabesk. I want to import the file off of the Blu Ray disc. Kserabra won't do it. SO I opened up the Blu Ray disc with my PC, I found the .m2ts file, around 15 GB and I copied onto an external hard drive. I wasn't sure if Bogart could import a .m2ts file so I changed the file extension to .mts. The file still played fine on my PC afterwards. Bogart imported almost 16 minutes of a 2 hr and 13 min video before it told me there was an error. I tried it twice. The original video was shot in 60i so the project settings reflect that. Thinking it was an interlace vs. progressive thing (I've heard Blu Ray is always progressive) I tried importing into a new project set for 30p. Bogart imported the exact same length clip in both projects before telling me there an error. So questions, can Bogart import .m2ts files? Or should I go through the process of converting a .m2ts file to a .mts? (as opposed to just changing the file extension) If Bogart can import .m2ts files what could be going wrong and what other options should I try? (I can't get media mgr to read the file at all) Do you think if I did convert the .m2ts file to .mts that it would work better and be a good quality file to edit from producing a new disc that looks as good as the first one?

I posted another question on the forum "Understanding compression". These 2 posts are related. Thanks for any help.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705