The new Saphir

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
ChrisMommsen
Casablanca Unit: S 4000 Pro
Saphir

The new Saphir

Post by ChrisMommsen »

Does anyone know if the disc drive on the Saphir is BluRay burn only or will it burn DVDs as well?
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: The new Saphir

Post by CKNewman »

Hi Chris,

I am more than fairly certain that Blu-Ray burners can also burn regular DVDs and CDs. I think if there was a need for a separate burner to create DVDs and CDs it would have been noted in the manual.

Regards,
Craig
Craig Newman
ChrisMommsen
Saphir

Post by ChrisMommsen »

That was my assumption as well, but I thought it curious that the disk drives on the Meteors are listed as bluray/dvd combo burner and the Saphir's is not. It is listed as a 1x Bluray burner or an integrated bluray burner.
Just trying to confirm my assumption or not.
ChrisMommsen
Saphir

Post by ChrisMommsen »

Does anyone have one of these machines? What do they think of it?

Any feedback is welcome.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

Why not contact one of the dealers and ask them?

http://macrosystem.us/Value_Added_Resellers.php

Regards,
Craig
Craig Newman
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

Hi Chris, Yes it burns Blu-Ray too and is very quick about it :D

It has loads of storage, plenty of ram, lots of USB sockets and a built in card reader too.

It really is the fastest Cassie yet so more than ready for 4k.