red circle

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: red circle

Post by CKNewman »

I don't remember ever having heard about this problem. The BIOS would store the order of the boot-up sequence. You could try (with the power off) unplugging everything except for trackball and then turn the editor on.
Craig Newman
sparks0335
Casablanca Unit: Renommee v9.1 audio effects v1.1a, 3-D shapes v1.1, card drive v1.3d,
disk-transfer v1.2a, DVD arabesk v3.3, effect pack (1-4) v1.1, Front pack (1-4)
PIP studio v1.0, Photo Transfer v1.6c, Power Key v1.0, Title Effects 1 v1.2
Title Effects 2 v1.4, Blue Box World, Object Tracer.
Prestige Plus v4.1

Post by sparks0335 »

Dave, I believe the screen selection is on each Hard Drive, so they could be different. If you feel comfortable opening the Kron, you might check the Ram. Sometimes they go bad or need to be reset.
John
John Boughton
Mechanic9377@yahoo.com
Renommee and Prestige Plus
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

Complete Install and both drives are back on TV and are working correctly.

Loaded the 27 additional add on products (that it had before and worked ok previously) and the 'no-entry' sign is back when it Edit.

So, time to do another install and then add each one and check when the problem returns . . .
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

Why not check to see if the red circle appears in the Edit Screen before enabling all of the add-on programs - you'd save some time that way. Have you tried booting up with nothing plugged into the Kron except for the trackball?
Craig Newman
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

CKNewman wrote:Why not check to see if the red circle appears in the Edit Screen before enabling all of the add-on programs - you'd save some time that way.
Sorry, we/he did that first and assumed that as the unit had been fine before that the install was the fix and then loaded all the old stuff back on - error returned :(

However by hiding the additional software and then turning it back on we/he found that it was Power Key giving the issue - or more importantly the keyboard !
CKNewman wrote:Have you tried booting up with nothing plugged into the Kron except for the trackball?
I thought we'd done that . . . but obviously not :oops:
CKNewman

Post by CKNewman »

:) Mike, the only reason I thought to mention unplugging everything was that I remembered reading both about keyboards having a "stuck" key or something resting on them causing problems, and that sometimes booting up with some kind of drive attached could cause boot-up problems. Sounds like you both did some good detective work. I hope Dave is up and running after finding a new keyboard. To borrow from Shakespeare, "All's well that ends well"

P.S. I'm not sure about Bogart, but with Smart Edit many of us go to an Empty Project before turning off the editor. I believe this helps to insure that work done during that editing session does not get lost.
Craig Newman