red circle

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
elliottsmith
Casablanca Unit: kron plus

red circle

Post by elliottsmith »

When I go to a project I get A red Circle with a diagonal line through,how do i repair it.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: red circle

Post by CKNewman »

Hi Dave,

Your question is unclear. Do you mean that every project shows this symbol, or only one of them? Is this the project that you were working on a few months back that you were trying to restore?

To anyone else that wishes to offer suggestions, remember that Dave is using a Kron Plus with Smart Edit 8 and Arabesk 4, which do not have many of the features that the more recent Bogart operating system has.

Dave, I would still suggest that you purchase Chet's DVD entitled "Casablanca Foolproof Vol. 1", the Smart Edit 8 training DVD if you haven't done so already.

Regards,
Craig Newman
elliottsmith
Casablanca Unit: kron plus

Post by elliottsmith »

High Craig.
I haven't used my Kron for a while and when I turned it on and go to the Settings page and click edit it goes to the project it then has a red circle with a diagonal line,like a no entry sign,what does this mean.

regards,
dave
bethklinger
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 4 Windows only! B4W in Casablanca Studio Ultra i7 6700K Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 (31.101.2111), NVIDIA GForce GTX1060 (30.0.15.1694) 6GB, Photopia Creator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS6, 2 Lumix G85 DSLR, 1 Lumix G9 DSLR, 2 Vizio 1920x1080 P 42" 4K monitor. LG Ultra HD BR Player UBK 80, LG HD BR Player & Power DVD 21.

Post by bethklinger »

Dave, I can't say that I've ever seen that but refresh my memory, does the Kron have removable hard drives? If so be sure that it's locked in tight .. or try another hdd if you have one
Beth Klinger
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

Hi Dave,

I haven't seen the symbol you describe. You did not answer my questions from my previous post.

I own a Kron Plus myself and it has two hard drives but they are internal - not on removable sleds like the Prestige and some models that came later.
Craig Newman
bethklinger
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 4 Windows only! B4W in Casablanca Studio Ultra i7 6700K Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 (31.101.2111), NVIDIA GForce GTX1060 (30.0.15.1694) 6GB, Photopia Creator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS6, 2 Lumix G85 DSLR, 1 Lumix G9 DSLR, 2 Vizio 1920x1080 P 42" 4K monitor. LG Ultra HD BR Player UBK 80, LG HD BR Player & Power DVD 21.

Post by bethklinger »

Thanks, Craig. It's been too long since I had mine and I couldn't remember if they were removable or not.

Dave, have you tried unplugging the power cord completely from the wall AND from the Kron Itself, then replug and restart. Maybe the unit needs to be re-set.

Beth Klinger
sparks0335
Casablanca Unit: Renommee v9.1 audio effects v1.1a, 3-D shapes v1.1, card drive v1.3d,
disk-transfer v1.2a, DVD arabesk v3.3, effect pack (1-4) v1.1, Front pack (1-4)
PIP studio v1.0, Photo Transfer v1.6c, Power Key v1.0, Title Effects 1 v1.2
Title Effects 2 v1.4, Blue Box World, Object Tracer.
Prestige Plus v4.1

Post by sparks0335 »

Dave,
I think it's time for a full install of the Operating System. If I remember right, you will need a Smartmedia Card with Operating System on it. Craig would know more since he owns a Kron Plus.
John
John Boughton
Mechanic9377@yahoo.com
Renommee and Prestige Plus
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

This is a Smart Edit v8 twin drive Kron Plus (internal) so no caddies.

Dave can switch between drives but then, even more oddly, one is then on TV but the other displays on VGA :o
Surely it should use whichever display that you have set for both drives :?:

I've never heard of this so I asked for a screen shot which is here - we are trying not to Install but we may have to :(

Any other suggestions gratefully received . . .

CKNewman

Post by CKNewman »

Hi Mike,

Both drives are separate; one could have Smart Edit 8 and the other could have Smart Edit 7. I'm also pretty sure that the monitor configuration is set in Smart Edit, which would mean that one drive might use just a video monitor and the other drive could have both a video and a VGA monitor.

I'm wondering if the project "froze" a while ago. I don't know if he shut down his editor on an empty project as is suggested.

I am wondering if Dave can go to the Project Menu, choose another project, go to its Edit Menu and then go back to the Project Menu screen and go to the one he wants to work on and see if it opens.

Yes, I did edit this post and delete some suggestions because I think there's a simpler solution. :idea: You can reinstall the operating system without deleting all of the projects. It's called a non-destructive install. This capability was designed so that users could update the operating system without overwriting all of the projects. It's been a long time since I've done it and I don't remember the steps. You should be able to do a search and find the procedure.

If it doesn't work then you may have no other option than to perform a Destructive Install where all projects are erased. When you are done editing all of the projects on the hard drive it would probably be a good idea to perform a destructive install to insure smoother operation.
Craig Newman
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

CKNewman wrote:Both drives are separate; one could have Smart Edit 8 and the other could have Smart Edit 7. I'm also pretty sure that the monitor configuration is set in Smart Edit, which would mean that one drive might use just a video monitor and the other drive could have both a video and a VGA monitor.
Both drives are on SE v8 and I think that the Screen setting is held in some sort of BIOS so that both drives would be the same . . . but I'm not 100% on that. Are you able to try it on 'your' Kron+ ? EDIT - Both drives are now back on TV
CKNewman wrote:I'm wondering if the project "froze" a while ago. I don't know if he shut down his editor on an empty project as is suggested.
This could be the situation but it's still unclear as to how it would then effects both drives - surely it should only happen on the 'broken' one ?
CKNewman wrote:I am wondering if Dave can go to the Project Menu, choose another project, go to its Edit Menu and then go back to the Project Menu screen and go to the one he wants to work on and see if it opens.
They open on either drive but he still gets this 'no-entry' sign instead of the normal pointer in the Edit window (other areas are ok).
CKNewman wrote:You can reinstall the operating system without deleting all of the projects. It's called a non-destructive install
Updates rarely fix anything but are always worth a try but I've not heard of a non-destructive install before. If anyone knows please feel free to chip in ?
CKNewman wrote:If it doesn't work then you may have no other option than to perform a Destructive Install where all projects are erased. When you are done editing all of the projects on the hard drive it would probably be a good idea to perform a destructive install to insure smoother operation.
We are heading towards this but, as always, we are trying to avoid it if we can. Thanks for your response and help so far . . . .