Insert function in the storyboard

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Insert function in the storyboard

Post by Christopher6206 »

I can remember back in the day of SD using the Kron and eventually the Prestige, trying to use the "insert" function in the storyboard. It would always seem to work, but if you tried to change the insert's position later, you'd end up with frames out of synch, or a corrupted part of the storyboard. Neither of which are fun to deal with. Since then I'm afraid of using "insert". But that's stupid, it was 12 years ago, They have to have fixed that by now, haven't they? I'd like to start using "insert" again. Yes there are ways around it. But....
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Re: Insert function in the storyboard

Post by MichaelD »

Works just fine here . . .

If you want to get "posh" with your inserts try QuadCam or even QuadCam 2 - both available in Demo form;

QaudCam v2
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

When I am working on editing footage I sometimes use two projects; one is the main project and the other is a "workbench" for adjusting inserts, audio work, etc. The only clip I put on the storyboard is the one I'm working on. Sometimes I use more than one "workbench" project. When I am happy with the result from the "workbench" project I make a Scene out of it and then clipboard it over to the main project. Making a scene sort of "cements" everything in place; sometimes I visualize it as creating an iron-on transfer. Once you've ironed that transfer onto the tee-shirt - it ain't going anywhere! ;)
Craig Newman
bethklinger
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 4 Windows only! B4W in Casablanca Studio Ultra i7 6700K Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 (31.101.2111), NVIDIA GForce GTX1060 (30.0.15.1694) 6GB, Photopia Creator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS6, 2 Lumix G85 DSLR, 1 Lumix G9 DSLR, 2 Vizio 1920x1080 P 42" 4K monitor. LG Ultra HD BR Player UBK 80, LG HD BR Player & Power DVD 21.

Post by bethklinger »

The insert function works great ... haven't heard of any problems in some time. The only thing you have to remember is not to put 2 of them together and try to put a transition between them, that won't work. If you need to put a transition between them you have to make a scene of them then insert where you want them to go.
Beth Klinger