Backing up storyboard

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Backing up storyboard

Post by Christopher6206 »

I have a 2hr and 20 min completed HD video that I need to make a .mp4. I used the Render Booster options under "Back up storyboard" in the projects menu. I chose MP4 render booster and MAX on the settings. The Karat made a 15 GB file after telling me the back up succeeded. But I can't get anything to play it. My PC under properties won't give me the bit rate and very little other info about the file other than it is 15GB. VLC, windows media player, and the "Movies and TV app" all won't play the file. The Karat won't play it either through Media manager and I can't import it in the record screen. SO is this an error in the back up or is the bit rate so high on MAX setting that nothing can keep up with it? Now trying again on the high setting.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Re: Backing up storyboard

Update. The high setting was the same result. This time around a 12GB file but again no way to look at the bit rate, length of the video or anything. It also would not play. So then tried making a scene of the storyboard and then with the OPT tab making an .MP4 using render booster. Settings to MAX. I got the same 15GB file I had before. The Karat won't import it. Media Manager won't play it. Under information in MM it says the file is 0 min long with no video or audio in it. I know I can probably back up the storyboard into the archives and make a.MP4. But that bit rate is around 8MB and I wanted it to be higher than that. Any suggestions?
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

I don't think you are referring to BACKUP STORYBOARD.

I assume you are referring to the export area of the scene bin via the option window.

If so, use the universal .264 exportation.

Also download Media 123 which is free. That plays more codecs than VLC.

https://mpc-hc.org/
Christopher6206

Lou, the first time I was using Back up storyboard. The second time I was using the OPT button and exporting a scene. As far as I can tell, these options are the same except that in Back up storyboard you get an additional .UCN file which I assume is for the Cassies needs when restoring a storyboard. But the actual video file seems to be the same. I can't of course confirm this since I can't look at the properties of the file on my PC. Please let me know if I'm right about this. I just want to give my client a version of their 2 hr and 20 min video in .mp4 with a high bit rate. I have made ,mp4s before with a high bit rate, but never anything near 2 hr and 20 min. Mostly less than 5 minutes I would say. Does the length of the video have anything to do with the problems I am having? The fact that the Karat cannot play back it's own file is also strange.

This file will be like a digital copy you receive when you buy a Blu Ray disc. That is how I am marketing it. Clients should be able to put their USB stick into their smart TV and play the file. Or upload it to a service of their choice and have access to it through the cloud. I never got that far with this however. Since I couldn't get it to play on my PC, I did not even try it on a smart TV.

Currently I'm trying to export a .AVI of the same scene. As it is making the scene, I see a progress bar, and a video window showing me the video as it is being encoded. When I made the .MP4s, I only saw the progress bar, no video window. Should I see a video window no matter what type of file I am encoding? Or does it only work with certain types? Thanks for any help.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Post by mhuebmer »

Karat with Bogart 6.1 , Arabesk 6.3e
Either your signature is not up to date, or your Bogart version. :? Please be sure to use the latest Bogart 10 installation DVD, so you get Bogart 6.15c and Arabesk 6.9 :!:

As for the playback of video files.. you can never be sure what format the customers equipment is capable to play. Exporting different formats is always needed and to be sure, use the lowest datarate where you can't see any difference to the next higher setting. The lower the data rate, the easier the playback is for the customers hardware. The RenderBooster is so good, the lowest or medium setting should be enough for camcorders up to 6000 USD. Bigger camcorders may deliver enough details for higher settings. But exporting multiple quality settings with a great footage and checking the playback is the best way to know. :idea:
Christopher6206

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean by "signature". As far as Bogart 6.15c, I wasn't aware that was available. Not the updated Arabesk version either. If I can find the time to look into that I will. It is frustrating when these machines can't do what they claim to be able to.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
Christopher6206

This post seems to be related to another post I just made in the Media Manager section of this forum. "MM says file too big when it isn't"
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Post by mhuebmer »

Christopher6206 wrote:Sorry, but I don't know what you mean by "signature"
The signature you entered in your forum user profile… displayed under every posting:
Chris Crawford
Karat with Bogart 6.1 , Arabesk 6.3e - outdated since December 2014 :!:
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software- outdated since January 2014 :!:
Christopher6206 wrote:It is frustrating when these machines can't do what they claim to be able to.
The manufacturer of the Casablanca-3 models S-4000 and Karat, the MacroSystem Digital Video AG Germany, does not exist any more and closed in 2013. :(

The MacroMotion GmbH is developing new Casablanca-4 models, but also tries to improve the old Casablanca-3 systems with software updates. Many of them are free of charge. :idea:

Systems with Free updates within the active Bogart version by using the highest named Install-DVD (8.2 or 10.1).

MacroMotion is investing time and money to release free updates (56 since the release of the S-4000) but has no influence if the users keep their systems up to date. Everybody may decide to install free error corrections and improvements - or not. Keeping the system up to date and remove known errors will prevent you from being frustrated. ;)