export video to kron using ethernet

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
elliottsmith
Casablanca Unit: kron plus

export video to kron using ethernet

Post by elliottsmith »

Hello,
Trying to get video onto my Kron + using ethernet connection.I have got to the point that it tells me on my laptop that a file I have transferred was successful,but cannot find it anywhere on my machine. When I connect from my laptop I get the macrosystem page titled "ethernet transfer" so I would assume i was connected. Anyone using ethernet to transfer video who has experience in doing things this way or is there an alternative. Could i use Firewire as I have a connection on my laprop.
HELP!!!!!!!
regards,
Dave
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Re: export video to kron using ethernet

Post by mhuebmer »

Puh... has been a very long time.... :?
  • You need to generate/convert videos to an AVI file with DV codec on the PC side, to fit for KronPlus :!: Take a look at this picture to find the right settings. ;)
  • Only scenes up to 1 GB are supported :!: ( = about 4:43 minutes ) Longer scenes have to be split before the transfer.
Unfortunately I can't remember any more hints. Last time I used this must have been ~14 years from now. The manual is from 2004. :shock:
elliottsmith
Casablanca Unit: kron plus

Post by elliottsmith »

Thanks for the help still looking for an answer, but will get there in the end.

regards,

dave
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Post by mhuebmer »

elliottsmith wrote:video onto my Kron + using ethernet connection.I have got to the point that it tells me on my laptop that a file I have transferred was successful,but cannot find it anywhere on my machine
If you are sending a file from the PC to the KronPlus and the transfer was successful, but there is no scene - then the file encoding must have been wrong, or the file was too big :!:

Like written above, you need to send an AVI file with DV codec. Only this can be understood and used by KronPlus. All other files may be transferred, but KronPlus can't use them and therefore can't show any scene. :?

You may need a software like MPEG-StreamClip to convert the file and if not installed on the PC, also this DV codec.

By the way… why not edit your video with the Notebook :?: If you can handle the KronPlus (2nd Casablanca Generation), I think you are quickly familiar with Bogart Windows (4th Generation). ;) Try the Demo version :idea: