downloading Kron from a laptop

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
elliottsmith
Casablanca Unit: kron plus

downloading Kron from a laptop

Post by elliottsmith »

What is the best way to download a video from a laptop to a Kron machine.

I have converted the video to AVI on movavi but cannot find where to export it.What options have I got with the Kron to receive the video. I understand i cannot use USB and although my laptop recognizes kron on devices with firewire, I have no idea how I can get them to download the video.Is there a converter or adapter available or some "MAGIC" item for me to use.
If I were to use say something like Serifs Movie Plus would that allow me to get the video by exporting.

I have got about 3 weeks left to get this complete before my poor wife, will be off to start divorce proceedings

HELP<HELP,

REGARDS DAVE
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Re: downloading Kron from a laptop

Post by MichaelD »

The Kron can* receive .AVI files burnt onto a disc (DVD type) using the additional software pack "Disc Transfer".

This program also works in reverse allowing the Kron to send, up to 15 minutes, of footage as .AVI to a disc too.

* = It may be best to send footage out first so that you can detect what exactly the file format is so that the PC can be set to same, DV-AVI UDF is the preferred option I believe.
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Post by mhuebmer »

The settings to create a AVI file with DV codec are the same as sent recently for the Ethernet transfer. ;)

Creating the right DV content on a PC may be the problem, because Windows never had a DV codec by its own. If Ethernet transfer won't recognize the .AVI file, Disk-Transfer won't either.

Another way would be to burn a Video-DVD with MPEG audio. Most SmartEdit versions can use Edit / New / Ksebara to import a movie from a video DVD. Picture will most likely always work. But audio only if encoded in MPEG (maybe in PCM, but unsure). But like written in the other thread, I would recommend to just use Bogart Windows for editing. 8-)
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

I think you may be able to transfer the video from your laptop to your Kron by playing the video in the laptop and recording it into your Kron - the same way you would copy one tape to another. They should both be OFF when you connect or disconnect them. I would suggest looking at Disk Transfer if you have it, but it seems you've chosen not to show us anything about the software you are running.

At the least, I would suggest saving the video in the laptop to a thumb drive. Then you're not under a time constraint to find a solution.
Craig Newman
elliottsmith

Post by elliottsmith »

Hi Everyone.

I am having difficulty doing Disk Transfer.I have copied my video to disc as (DV-AVI in UDF Format) When I push display I
get a Message,"An unrecoverable problem occurred. The system will restart"
I have not burned the disk and I am using Demo.Do I have to get a license code, or is there something else I have missed.

Thanks for all your advice.

Kind Regards,

Dave
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

It should work in DEMO mode according to the book - just has 'DEMO' written over the files.

You may want to try and do a clean Install of the system software but this will delete everything off the hard drive :(
mhuebmer
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000

Post by mhuebmer »

If the Kron will not even "display" the list of files on the DVD, maybe the UDF format was "too new". What UDF settings did you use? I would recommend to use just some UDF 1.0 or 1.1, because the 17 year old Kron won't recognize current UDF 2.5x discs.
elliottsmith

Using disc transfer

Post by elliottsmith »

Hi Everybody,thanks for all your advice, I have tried most of it so must be getting nearer a solution.

I have used Disc Transfer and the latest disc has run in the Kron with the green light flashing for ages and it then tells me it,"Cannot find the AVI File",cant think what I am doing wrong. I did ask Michael at Dalco if it could be the machine.

My laptop has also recognised the Kron and is in the device section and when I connect the two togethe,r using firewire I get a tone which tells me they are connected,is this good or bad.

I have people advising me that I should try a different machine,but being 76 and having looked at the bogart on a laptop it is all keyboard controls, which is very confusing,I can just about handle my Kron Plus.
Thanks once again for all your help.
Regards,
Dave
mhuebmer
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000

Post by mhuebmer »

I've got a 90+ customer working with Bogart Windows. ;)

When using Bogart Windows Demo, the "Input device = Automatic" may make some trouble when you are used to work with a Trackball on Kron. Go to Settings / User Interface / Input Device and set it to Trackball, even if you work with a mouse :!: This should help to get the slider- and menu controls as you know them. :P