Removing audio feedback

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Removing audio feedback

Post by Christopher6206 »

Is there any software out there, independent of other editing programs that can remove audio feedback from an audio track? I filmed a play and they had all kinds of feedback throughout the play. I'd like to edit the video, pull the audio off and save it. Then import just the audio into my PC, run it through some clean up software and then import it back into the Karat where I can add it back into my video. Anything like that out there? Not coming up with much like that by searching. Thanks!
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Removing audio feedback

Post by LouBruno »

None that I know of. The ENVELOPE can be used but you will have audio 'dead-spots' every time the audio feedback is present and muted....not good. Maybe someone knows more about Audacity software than me, but I can't locate any solution as I have it open now.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

If you have the Audio Effects Pack you could try filtering out some of the feedback frequencies - as long as it doesn't impact the voices or other music.

You could try using the free sound editor called Audacity. I'm not sure about reducing feedback, but you could look into "how-to" videos on Youtube that cover using Audacity to remove background noise. You could also try using the Notch Filter in the Audacity Effects Menu.
Craig Newman
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Working on that project now. I will give Audacity a try and post the results in a week to 10 days.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
Christopher6206

I imported the audio into Audicity. Isolated a silent part of the play where I could only hear the audio feedback. Then told Audacity to remove any sound like that in the audio. After a little while it was done and the audio sounded like it was underwater. Which was interesting because many of the self help things on line said this could happen. Problem is that the feedback doesn't always sound the same. Volume, pitch, and frequency varied throughout so I can imagine why it wasn't very successful. SO now I'm just waiting to see what the client wants to do. Thanks for the help.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705