Renommee

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Renommee

Post by flvideo »

Will the factory repair a Renommee! Mine has some issues. I have retired and all I use it for is Church services!
sparks0335
Casablanca Unit: Renommee v9.1 audio effects v1.1a, 3-D shapes v1.1, card drive v1.3d,
disk-transfer v1.2a, DVD arabesk v3.3, effect pack (1-4) v1.1, Front pack (1-4)
PIP studio v1.0, Photo Transfer v1.6c, Power Key v1.0, Title Effects 1 v1.2
Title Effects 2 v1.4, Blue Box World, Object Tracer.
Prestige Plus v4.1

Re: Renommee

Post by sparks0335 »

You might contact Gary at MacroSystem, he might be able to help. What kind of problems are you having?
John Boughton
Mechanic9377@yahoo.com
Renommee and Prestige Plus
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

It has foe the last year not ejected a Cd from the drive, but I have wore out several straightened Paper clips opening it. I went to install some Jpeg Pic and it would not read th CD. I then went to another project where I dujmped some raw footage and when I did the Auto split the scenes were all green in the Scene bin but when you played them the video was visible. I put transitions up and they wouldn't do any thing! I rebooted the machine and it was the same, so I am dead in the water. I guess it could be the hard drive thats in it but I can't get it out. The key won't turn to unlock it!
bethklinger
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 4 Windows only! B4W in Casablanca Studio Ultra i7 6700K Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 (31.101.2111), NVIDIA GForce GTX1060 (30.0.15.1694) 6GB, Photopia Creator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS6, 2 Lumix G85 DSLR, 1 Lumix G9 DSLR, 2 Vizio 1920x1080 P 42" 4K monitor. LG Ultra HD BR Player UBK 80, LG HD BR Player & Power DVD 21.

Post by bethklinger »

As you probably know these machines are no longer being repaired, sometimes you can get lucky and there will be used parts that can replace the bad ones ... but not often. You are def having more than one issue going so the outlook is not too promising. #1. Do you have anyone that can replace the DVD drive? 2. Have you done a FULL DESTRUCTIVE reinstall of the system? 3. Without the key, I doubt you can change the HDD. Realistically, it's time for a new machine. Give some serious thought to Bogart for Windows ... it is AWESOME and you will have a brand NEW computer system if you buy one of the units available through MacroSystem. BTW they are on sale NOW.
Change is good!
Beth Klinger
bkgrammie2@gmail.com
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

From your signature it looks as if you already have B4W so you can still edit :P

As for the Reno you can open it up and look at the installed DVD drive and see if you can find the same one secondhand.

The caddy can be forced out using a screwdriver underneath to help :o

Once out you can remove the hard drive and possibly replace it and you can remove the lock from the caddy so that the key is no longer an issue.

You will need a CD with Smart Edit on it in the DVD drive to put the software back on the 'new' hard drive once it's all back together.

If Gary doesn't we still repair them but shipping to the UK would presumably be too expensive :?:
flvideo
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

I had B4W but I lost the hard drive it was on. I did manage to get some function in another Project but some functions aren't available. I am begining to think it is this Hard drive. I'll have to see If I can disable the lock and change it. I have 6 other drives! New machine is probably out of the question. I am on a fixed income and I have retired from my business but still do our Church services.
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

Best thing is to get the machine on its side.

If you look at the front middle underside of the machine you can see a strip of metal between the chassis and caddy.

You need to get the screwdriver under this to allow the 'lock' to pass over it.
Sounds harder than it is but with slight pressure to pull the caddy and a twist of the screwdriver it should pop out.

Once out you can dissemble the caddy and change the drive and then easily see how the actual lock barrel is held on.
Just unscrew the capture ring and the lock will fall out.