Move Bogart Gold for Windows to another computer

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
dalmamusic
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 PRO
Bogart 3.2C
Most of the software
Blu-Ray

Move Bogart Gold for Windows to another computer

Post by dalmamusic »

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to move Bogart Gold for windows from one computer to another? I want to build faster computer, so I am just wondering if I can move existing Bogart and Arabesk to my new computer.

Thank you,

Leo
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Re: Move Bogart Gold for Windows to another computer

Post by mhuebmer »

After my vacation (until Sep. 10th) I can create a special software that locks Bogart on the old PC and generates a verification key. When I verify this key and it's correct, I can transfer the codes to another serial number. :P

The special software will work for three days and to create it I need the old and the new Bogart Windows serial number. BEFORE the transfer, you must install the Bogart demo version on the new PC to make sure import and playback is working fine and settings / system / hardware-test gives "green light" for the new system to be usable :!:

If the hardware is OK, install the full version to get the serial number for that hardware.
dalmamusic
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 PRO
Bogart 3.2C
Most of the software
Blu-Ray

Post by dalmamusic »

Thank you user "mhuebmer" for replying back on my post. I apologize for not replying sooner, but I only got my computer up and running tonight. I am under major catastrophe with all my editing machines dying at once. My long loving S4000 PRO afte many years of keeping each other busy, has finally stopped working for me in the middle of wedding. At the same time, I had another computer die on me.

I got this computer up and running and should I still reviewing my options with what kind of editing software will I use from now on. I love Bogart and Macrosystems, as that was the only thing I ever used, but right now I have no any software and I have to start from scratch. It's hard to lose all that software I had on my S4000 PRO.

Once again I thank you on your reply and if I do decide to do the switch I will get in touch with you.

Kind regards,

Leo
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Post by mhuebmer »

All software products licensed are bound to the serial number where they were bought for. But those licenses will not be lost, just because the hardware dies :!:

Usually, sending a dead Casablanca system to the local distributor (to be used for spare parts), the codes can be transferred to any other Casablanca of the same generation. So if an S-4000 died, you can transfer it's software to any SL-1000, S-2000/3000/4000(Pro)/4100/6000/Personal Edition, Topaz or Karat - keeping your investment in those software products :!: Depending on the state of the dead machine, most distributors will do this for free, or a small fee (in Europe=99 Euro). :P

If you want to switch to Bogart Windows, there is a second license discount for addon software (excluding Bogart, Updates, Editions and Arabesk). So if you had a software like DeShaker on S-4000 and want to buy DeShaker for Bogart Windows, you will get 50% discount. If the S-4000 is working or not :!: Both systems must be registered on your name and so you can still save 50% of your investment, when switching to the Bogart Windows editing software. :P

Your local MacroSystem reseller should be able to find some used (more powerful) Casablanca-3 or help you to switch to the modern Bogart Windows. And if you run into any problems, just leave a note here.