Renommee Trouble

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Renommee Trouble

Post by flvideo »

I know most have moved on from the Renny, but I haven't. I am still using it some! I have a project that I have many hours in and I need to import stills. I went to the Special menu and Photo studio 2 is gone. I looked in software installed and its there and says its active. I have no idea what to do. Any suggestions? is there another way to get JPEG's in to a project? Thanks in advance. Bob!
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Renommee Trouble

Post by LouBruno »

It’s been a long long time but I think we had PHOTO TRANSFER as a software. I think..
IanPearson
Casablanca Unit: Studio Pro OS B4W V9
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Programs:- Most of the standard operating programs.

Post by IanPearson »

Bruno is correct, that Photo-Transfer is a program available for importing photos in the generation 2 units.

Photo-Studio 2V 2.1c, I believe was the most up to date version of this program, but can only import photos from a memory card or CD.

I have a Kron which I almost never use other than for reference. Photo-Studio can be found in "Special" and will appear in the upper section of the "special" menu. If it is not showing, try going back to "system Settings", hide the program and go back to the main menu. Then return to "system settings" and activate again.

Ian
Ian Pearson S6000 Bogart SE7 - Solitaire OS V9.1 - Avio DV Pro OS V9.1
Programs:- Most programs, with the notable exception of CB Paint and Quadcam
Kingston upon Hull. England
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Post by mhuebmer »

flvideo wrote:went to the Special menu and Photo studio 2 is gone
Please note, that the Special menu is divided into an upper and a lower section. Maybe you are just looking at the wrong area :?:

Photo-Studio 2 for SmartEdit should be V2.11 in the product installation menu. Renommee Ultra with Bogart should be v2.7a.
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

I went to the product install menu and hid the Photo Studio 2v went back to the edit screen and to the special menu and it is still not there! I retired last year the only thing I use it for is my church service. Maybe its time to find something else to edit on!
IanPearson
Casablanca Unit: Studio Pro OS B4W V9
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Programs:- Most of the standard operating programs.

Post by IanPearson »

After hiding the program, you then need to go back to "settings" locate the program and "Activate" again. Did you do this step?
Ian Pearson S6000 Bogart SE7 - Solitaire OS V9.1 - Avio DV Pro OS V9.1
Programs:- Most programs, with the notable exception of CB Paint and Quadcam
Kingston upon Hull. England
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

I turned on my Avio for reference. When you click on Special in the Edit Menu a screen opens up showing you the programs available for you to work with. Under the list of programs that you can scroll through are buttons for Preview, Full Size, and i (Information) and underneath these is a long button with 3 stripes at the right edge. This button could show the words All, Default, or Optional, or the name of a program you have installed. You want the word All to show in that button. Click that button with the 3 stripes and a list will drop down starting with the words All, Default, Optional, followed by a list of the programs installed in your Cassie. Click on the word All and once back in the Editing Screen you should see your Photo Studio appear in the Special Menu.

This is where a lot of Cassie editors used to think their machines were acting up - but in reality it was created by one wrong keystroke.
Craig Newman