Relax Vision keeps coming up on my screen

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
bethklinger
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 4 Windows only! B4W in Casablanca Studio Ultra i7 6700K Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 (31.101.2111), NVIDIA GForce GTX1060 (30.0.15.1694) 6GB, Photopia Creator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS6, 2 Lumix G85 DSLR, 1 Lumix G9 DSLR, 2 Vizio 1920x1080 P 42" 4K monitor. LG Ultra HD BR Player UBK 80, LG HD BR Player & Power DVD 21.

Re: Relax Vision keeps coming up on my screen

Post by bethklinger »

Sorry to say but even sitting in the box,unused, the bios battery can die. Replace the $5.00 battery. Just recently had another case of that happening, the S6000 machines are old(er) technology now. There are no replacement parts. And Back-up on those machines was ALWAYS key. Other than that, if the machine is powering up, you will need to do a full destructive re-install of the system and,yes, it will erase all your data.
Beth Klinger
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Re: Relax Vision keeps coming up on my screen

Post by mhuebmer »

stonepatterson wrote:The number you gave me does not work!
Then please check the serial number shown within the activation window where you try to enter the code. Either the serial number is wrong, then give me the correct one - or the SN is zero (0000000-0), meaning that some part of the hardware has died and the SN can't be generated. This also can happen if USB/FireWire devices are attached and block some parts of the hardware. Make sure only the trackball is on USB and all USB and FireWire devices are unplugged :!:
stonepatterson wrote:the S6000 is 5 years old but has not been used for almost 3 of those years
The S-6000 series was built 2010-2011 and has (like every PC mainboard) a battery to hold important system settings when the powercord is unplugged. The battery manufacturer normally provides a lifespan of 6-7 years when unused and 3-5 years then in use. If the 8-9 year old system was not in use for 3 years, the battery is probably dead and important system settings lost. You may need to bring the system to a local reseller with service or to MacroSystem US. :?
stonepatterson wrote:so much is required in 422 ProRes HQ format for TVODs
ProRes is a line of intermediate codecs, which means they are intended for use during video editing, and not for practical end-user viewing. BogartSE is using it's own interframe codec for editing and current Casablanca-4 systems are able to export AVI, MPEG-2, MP4, H.264 and H.265/HEVC.
stonepatterson wrote:When will MacroSystems make 422 ProRes HQ one of their go to formats?
For the USD $ 3,000,- "DJI Inspire 2", the ProRes option costs USD $500,-..... Hard to tell if MacroMotion will also bring an add-on for ProRes. That may depend on how much people are requesting this and what budget they may have. But if that happens... not for the Casablanca-3 that ran out of production in 2013. ProRes would only be possible on Casablanca-4 (where you can already use FFmpeg to generate a ProRes file from another BogartSE export).