Relax Vision keeps coming up on my screen

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
stonepatterson
Casablanca Unit: S6000 (40 software pkgs. from AkabaHD to Twixter) 2 OLD firewire Casablanca Classics (fully-loaded). Hoping eventually for the perfect camera (sometime before I die of old age). Sony 96GB HDR-PJ790. Several lighting & audio recording systems. A very old, 2006 MacPro tower 4TB hard drive & 30GB memory. More LCD monitors, TVs, tripods and misc. equipment then I want to admit to.

Relax Vision keeps coming up on my screen

Post by stonepatterson »

The demand for Relax Vision 5 code keeps coming up on my screen when I turn on my S6000. Why? How do I either enter code or remove the demand? Have no idea what Relax Vision is...
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Re: Relax Vision keeps coming up on my screen

Post by mhuebmer »

RelaxVision 5 is the internal name of the Casablanca-3 MediaManager and the code is free for all Bogart above version 5. What's the serial number of this system :?:
stonepatterson
Casablanca Unit: S6000 (40 software pkgs. from AkabaHD to Twixter) 2 OLD firewire Casablanca Classics (fully-loaded). Hoping eventually for the perfect camera (sometime before I die of old age). Sony 96GB HDR-PJ790. Several lighting & audio recording systems. A very old, 2006 MacPro tower 4TB hard drive & 30GB memory. More LCD monitors, TVs, tripods and misc. equipment then I want to admit to.

Post by stonepatterson »

This is a pain in the butt! Have to turn off unit, turn it back on, turn off unit... etc. eventually it stops demanding Relax Vision. Why does this happen? Never happened before three months ago. Version 8.3a 0614615-3 -- is there anything else I need to update? I hope this does not erase my current edits and files. THAT WOULD BE A DISASTER! Please advise! Thank you.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

You wrote:
I hope this does not erase my current edits and files. THAT WOULD BE A DISASTER! Please advise!
If you don't already have it, I would seriously consider getting HD-Backup Sentry for your editor. Here's a promo video by Joel Brooks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzgere6187c I'm sure your dealer can also recommend a good external backup hard drive if you don't already have one.

Happy New Year!
Craig Newman
stonepatterson

Post by stonepatterson »

I do not want to purchase a back up at this time, or any other software -- I just need to know how to solve a problem with this system I DID NOT MAKE -- It just started doing this Relax Vision 5 activation warning. Please advise on the problem with the system and how to solve. Thank you.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Start over with a new fresh disc and do a FULL REINSTALL
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

Dealers are the only ones that can get you the code. If you don't have one here's a link to a list of dealers in the US:

http://www.macrosystem.us/Value_Added_Resellers.php
Craig Newman
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Post by mhuebmer »

stonepatterson wrote:Have to turn off unit, turn it back on, turn off unit... etc. eventually it stops demanding Relax Vision. Why does this happen? Never happened before three months ago.
Possible reasons:
  1. Some part of the 8 year old hardware is dying and "sometimes" is unable to generate a correct serial number (or already has died, when it always has this problem) :?
  2. Some parts of the hard-drive have bad sectors that cause a problem when loading the saved license codes from the drive. Re-Entering the code(s) it may solve the problem temporarily, but a hard-drive check should be done. The RelaxVision V5 code for your system is: 9018-0790-8969
  3. Some attached FireWire or USB device is blocking the correct serial number generation. Unplug all FireWire and USB devices and just keep the Trackball connected.
stonepatterson wrote:Version 8.3a 0614615-3 -- is there anything else I need to update?
:idea: Updating from the outdated 8.3a from 2016 to the current 8.14a would be a good idea. MacroMotion Germany released 17 free updates since 8.3a :!:
stonepatterson wrote:I hope this does not erase my current edits and files. THAT WOULD BE A DISASTER! Please advise!
Every hardware part or hard-drive can die from one second to the next. May sound hard... but having no backup on any Windows, Apple or Casablanca system is like having no insurance for the house or car.
You can't "buy" one after a disaster has happened.
:!: :oops:

If the system won't be able to start, don't play around before the power up/down causes more damage :!: If the above code won't help, get the system to your local dealer to get the hardware checked. The hard-drive should be able to boot in repaired hardware or another system with the same main board. As long as the hard-drive itself is not the problem all projects should work. :P But if the hard-drive is the problem it may have permanently damaged all projects. If you don't have a "good" backup, all projects may be lost. :|

Also use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge online translation to check those hints :!:
stonepatterson

Post by stonepatterson »

mhuebmer

The number you gave me does not work! Tried it several times to make sure. While Relax Vision 5 keeps coming up, I turn off S6000 machine (but not unpowered after turned off), then turn it back on and the relax vision notice does not come back until the machine has been turned off and power cut. When I say unpowered, I mean I turn off power strip with S6000 already turned off.

BTW, the S6000 is 5 years old but has not been used for almost 3 of those years. Totally off, unplugged in a MacroSystem box it arrived in. So I find it hard to believe the hard drive is dying that quickly with so little use.

I have a couple of MACs and been using FCPX for most of my editing for the past few years, using Pixel Film Studios software on after edited documentaries on S6000 from 2016/17. I am having a hard time with S6000 because so much is required in 422 ProRes HQ format for TVODs. When will MacroSystems make 422 ProRes HQ one of their go to formats?
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

You might want to get the BIOS battery checked out. if it hasn't been plugged in much then it would use more power than when it is in regular use.

As for hard drives they 'can' last for years or months. In my experience the amount of use has almost no bearing on their life span.