CONNECT TO THE INTERNET

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
waltbrenner
Casablanca Unit: S-3000

CONNECT TO THE INTERNET

Post by waltbrenner »

HOW DO I CONNECT MY S-3000 TO THE INTERNET ? IT HAS AN ETHERNET JACK. I ALREADY HAVE A WIRELESS AT&T ROUTER I USE FOR MY LAPTOP.
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Re: CONNECT TO THE INTERNET

Post by mhuebmer »

The S-3000 should get the network/Internet information from the router, when the HDCP server is active there.
So for an Ethernet connection, there is no configuration necessary. Only WLAN would require that, but I guess the supported WLAN sticks are no longer available.

Inside the MediaManager / Settings you can find and check the network configuration. Also in the MediaManager you can use the Internet browser of the S-3000. But the MediaManager has not been updated since the MacroSystem Digital Video AG Germany closed. The Internet Browser is 7 years old and some pages like YouTube will not be supported any more.

Please also keep in mind, that the Internet connection will only enable you to read webpages. There is no upload or download of anything. The most interesting network function is to enable the UPnP Server/Client of the S-3000. If the router supports UPnP (and has it enabled) you can import audio+video from other network devices that broadcast via UPnP, and modern TV sets with UPnP client may stream movies you send to the MediaManager Film-Archive.