Live action explainer videos

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Live action explainer videos

Post by Christopher6206 »

I have a client looking for a Live action explainer video. I see on line there are many software applications capable of doing this. But they are not exactly what he's looking for. Mostly he wants some short sentences to fly around on the screen, and fly out, with different colors, motions, and pulses, intermixed with some pictures from his program, logos and music. These would be used for ads on Instagram and facebook. First off, are there any current software titles for the cassie that can do this? And second if not, what should I use? Most of what I've found is supposed to be fairly intuitive and easy to use. I suspect what I'm looking for would be something similar to pro show. Where you can import all of your pictures videos and music and then click create. If you don't like what it makes, you erase and try again. That's what I need. I want to be able to import all his titles, his logos and pictures, his music, tell it how long to make it, and hit create. If I don't like it I'll re do until I do like it. Seems like it would take a very long time to create it manually. Especially for a video that is only 30 to 60 seconds. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Re: Live action explainer videos

Post by mhuebmer »

Christopher6206 wrote:I have a client looking for a Live action explainer video.
So you are looking for a software to add content to a live video stream :?: Or your customer wants to explain certain things from start to end and have titles, graphics/logos and pictures added :?:
Christopher6206 wrote:Where you can import all of your pictures videos and music and then click create. If you don't like what it makes, you erase and try again. That's what I need. I want to be able to import all his titles, his logos and pictures, his music, tell it how long to make it, and hit create.
So all scenes are already exactly prepared and don't need to be cut or trimmed. And you want video scenes, titles, graphics and pictures randomly mixed :?: Sounds strange, even for an explanation video teaser. :shock: Is there any other online video what the result should look like :?:
Christopher6206 wrote:If I don't like it I'll re do until I do like it. Seems like it would take a very long time to create it manually. Especially for a video that is only 30 to 60 seconds.
Especially for such a short video, I don't think trying xx-randomly generated mixtures (like adding scenes blindfolded or the scene number has been diced) will be much faster than building a planned story-line and to create a nice storyboard manually.

I have an editing assistant on my 2020 wishlist for the MacroMotion GmbH. But the decision what scenes to use and the order of the scenes will remain by the user.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Maybe Live action explainer video isn't the right term.. If I search for that specific phrase, I get a lot of sites offering animation software. There is typically narration, lots of 2D or 3D cartoons and titling flying around and in an out.. Some have actual video clips too and some mix it all up. This is not for live streaming. Just short ads for instagram and facebook. He sent me 2 examples but I don't see how I can attach them here. And finding what I need on You Tube, and copy and paste the link has been a challenge.

They're just short 30 - 60 sec infomercials with pictures, graphics and titles and music. Sometimes narration too. But not video clips and not cartoons or animation. Thanks.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

:idea: You may be able to right-click on the thumbnail or whatever was used to allow you to click and watch the video. When you right click a list of options may appear; if there's one that says to Copy Link Location then click on it and paste it into your post.
Craig Newman
Christopher6206

I can't attach what he sent me. They were email attachments. But this isn't far from what he's looking for. The background would likely be pictures of him at some of his practice sessions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVNLqRO_LKs

Thanks.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

I think you are referring to TEMPLATES that are found in some editing softwares. I know Apple has templates.

Here is a BIG issue: these templates take away much of the editors creativity as we are at the mercy of the chosen template offered and cannot make any changes. The problem arises when the client does not like an effect or a portion of the project therein. Then, you are back to a manual edit. Been there....done that.,.not good and you don’t save time either.

I looked at your link. Personally, the way the titles are being shown can be done in the various Title Studio FX packages.
We can even do the closing scene in Bogart with our software. Piece of cake.
Christopher6206 wrote:I can't attach what he sent me. They were email attachments. But this isn't far from what he's looking for. The background would likely be pictures of him at some of his practice sessions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVNLqRO_LKs

Thanks.
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Post by mhuebmer »

Thanks for the video and sorry for the late reply.

I don't think that this sequence is done with any video EDITING software. This looks like it's been done either in Adobe After Effects or even in some real 3D software. But most likely After Effects. This is a SPECIAL EFFECT software and no video editor. After the composing is done within After Effects, the footage is loaded into any video editing software to add it's creations to any edited movie. In this case... it's "just" a title composition and I don't think any real video editing had to be done.

Current Casablanca-4 systems with Windows operating system can run this kind of special effect software and the BogartSE editing software at the same time. ;) Any needed scene is exported from BogartSE, special FX applied in After Effects (or other software). While the SFX is rendering, editing can continue within Bogart - and the finished composing can be imported into Bogart Windows again. That's the same workflow with most of the other editing solutions. Some "big" ones have plugins to handle After Effects projects and render them directly within the editing software. Nice for quick changes... bad for blocking the whole editing part, when rendering complex effects for hours.

The single App license for After Effects is ~240 USD per year (or ~32 per month) - as you can just rent ist. With many tutorials in the web and some weeks of constant practice, this is a nice special FX software. :P