English manual for Chromit?

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

English manual for Chromit?

Post by CKNewman »

Does anyone know if there was ever an English manual written for Chromit :?: I haven’t been able to find one, and the program has been out for about two years.

Regards,
Craig
Craig Newman
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Re: English manual for Chromit?

Post by mhuebmer »

All available manuals in English should be HERE :!:

Unfortunately there is no ChromIt manual in English. :? But you can try this Google online translation of the German ChromIt manual. :idea:
Not perfect, but better than nothing. :oops:
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

Michael,

Thank you very much for the link to the English versions of the manuals. Unfortunately I could only get the link to the translation of the ChromIt manual the first time I tried; when I revisited the page it did not work. Perhaps this is because I use Firefox as my browser and it changed a setting. :?:

Looking at a small part of it that one time I can tell you that the translation helped, but could use a little "touching up". :) Thank you again for your help.
Last edited by CKNewman on Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Craig Newman
mhuebmer
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000

Post by mhuebmer »

I can reproduce that the Google Language-Selector is not always there when opening the page at different times. Pressing "F5" to reload the page should solve that HTML problem and enable the Button at the top left of the page :P
CKNewman

Post by CKNewman »

Thank you Michael, I used Google Chrome instead of Firefox and it worked perfectly. 8-)

It looks pretty good, although it could still use a bit of correction here and there. For example, I'm not sure what the proper English translation is here under picture 57:
Picture 57

If we now want to miss our speaker a bit more color, as we mentioned earlier, we switch back to the global level and pull up the color a bit, add a little bit of red and give it some "sharpness" (Illus. 57) ). Now he looks "round", also consistent with the background.
Craig Newman
mhuebmer
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000

Post by mhuebmer »

Should be:
If we now, as before mentioned, also want to add more color to our spokesman, we switch to the Global level again and pull up the color a little higher, raise red a little and also give him some "sharpness" (picture 57 ).
I have advised MacroMotion to use shorter and easier built sentences. :?
CKNewman

Post by CKNewman »

Thank you for your translation Michael, now I understand it!
Craig Newman