Importing 16 x 9 Video project from DVD

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
lcvideo
Casablanca Unit: S-3000

Importing 16 x 9 Video project from DVD

Post by lcvideo »

I created a 16 x 9 SD video on my S3000 and burned it to a DVD. Over time I erased the file from the Casablanca.

I needed to do some editing on the video, so I opened a new project (as a 16 x 9 SD) and imported the video from a DVD. In the preview window as it's loading, it's showing as 16 x 9. However, once the import is complete, the scene bin file is 4 x 3 and it plays as a 4 x 3 file in the 16 x 9 project. Ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

Lee Cornell
LC Video Productions
Lee
Lee Cornell
LC Video Productions
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: Importing 16 x 9 Video project from DVD

Post by CKNewman »

Hi Lee,

I'm wondering what versions of Bogart and Arabesk you're running on your S-3000. This is a link to another thread on this forum "No Audio on Seagate back up drive" written just a few days ago that includes information on updates:
http://www.casablancaforum.us/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8052
It may be that if your problem was due a bug, then it may have been corrected in an update of your version of Bogart.

Was the DVD burned you tried to import burned in Arabesk? If so, did you try to import the DVD with Ksebara :?:
Craig Newman
lcvideo

Post by lcvideo »

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I am running Bogart 5.5c and Arabesk 5.6

I see there are updates, but I have not installed them. Are the updates downloadable anywhere?

Also, I'm not sure if the DVD I have is the master made in Arabesk. I made many duplicates of it and chances are it is not the original burned disc.

I'll have to look to see if I have Ksebara on my machine.

Lee
Lee
Lee Cornell
LC Video Productions
lcvideo

Post by lcvideo »

Ksebara worked!

Thanks. I'd still like to find out if the Bogart and Arabesk updates are available via download.

Thanks again!

Lee Cornell
Lee
Lee Cornell
LC Video Productions
lcvideo

Post by lcvideo »

I did find the most recent downloads for Bogart 11, etc. and have burned the files to a DVD. The instructions say to enter a license code. Where would I find that? And will doing just an update option only change what is necessary and not overwrite or delete any of my existing add-ons?

Thanks.

Lee Cornell
Lee
Lee Cornell
LC Video Productions
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

I would suggest you contact a dealer for the best advice at this point. Here is a link to the list of Macrosystem dealers: http://www.macrosystem.us/Value_Added_Resellers.php You could also ask about how to save the codes for the programs loaded on your editor so that you can easily load them back in.

It looks like you should not update your Bogart version 5 past the incremental update 5.13 - this is the last update that will work with version 4 and version 5 of Arabesk according to a note on the list of Bogart downloads page. I'm not sure what the latest incremental version of Arabesk that you can use is - another reason to contact a dealer. Perhaps if you purchase a newer version of Arabesk you can use the highest incremental version of Bogart 5 - but again I'd ask a dealer or go to the
Facebook page for Casablanca editors where you can post questions here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/67818961997/ There is a sale going on now so if you want to update anything or purchase a new add-on program this would be a good time.

One thing for sure, back up your work to another hard drive if you don't do so already :!: .
Craig Newman
lcvideo

Post by lcvideo »

Thanks. The current DVD I downloaded said it included all of the addons as well as the matching version of the Arabesk. I'll reach out to MS.

Lee Cornell
Lee
Lee Cornell
LC Video Productions
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Post by BobFoster »

16x9 SD is not a true wide screen. It is an anamorphic wide screen. Almost ANY process will cause it to revert to a 4x3 format. (such as reloading the DVD) For several years I recorded seminar meetings in SD 16x9 anamorphic wide screen. You might be able to recover the wide screen by loading the DVD into a 16x9 HD project and then transferring the project to a SD project. I don’t think you have a software problem. It is a format problem. Very tricky to work with.
Bob F, GVP