Seems like installing Render Booster deleted my project

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Seems like installing Render Booster deleted my project

Post by Christopher6206 »

I had just done a full re install of the hard drive on my 9 year old S-4000 Pro a few days prior and this was the only project on my harddrive.. I did not install render booster initially because the render booster stick was plugged into my Karat. I was finishing a play I had shot in HD. Copies were to be SD so I knew I'd want Render Booster active once I went into Arabesk. I had 2 hours or so of work left to do on the storyboard when I sat down. Once I finished the storyboard, for easy chapter menu creation, I made a scene of the whole thing and imported it into a new project. Then I split the storyboard by scenes, naming them as I went along, and eliminating long pauses of black between scenes. I then added these scenes into the new storyboard and I had 13 scenes or chapters, already named and ready to go into Arabesk. Knowing I wanted RB to be active, I activated Render Booster and then shut down the machine. Plugged in the Render Booster USB stick and powered back up. Render Booster install was a success. But everything I had done since I initially sat down was gone. All the changes and fixes I had done to complete the original storyboard were gone. The entire new project with my new storyboard was gone. It had reverted back to how far I had gotten the day before. And I lost 3 hours of work.

So, was this caused by installing Render Booster? Or some other reason? Anyone else experienced this?
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Re: Seems like installing Render Booster deleted my project

Post by mhuebmer »

• The Renderbooster is kind of an external PC that has no access to the Casablanca-3 harddrive. Arabesk and Bogart are sending the AV-data via an internal "network" to the RenderBooster and wait for the encoded data to come back. So the issue could not have anything to do with the RenderBooster.
  • If your signature is correct and BogartSE 5.5 is in use... that's outdated since 2014 and you missed up to 25 updates. :oops: If you have an outdated Arabesk 4 or 5, please update to BogartSE v5.13 (installed with Bogart 8.2 free of charge). If you have Arabesk 6 or 7, update to the current BogartSE v5.24 (installed with Bogart 11.1 free of charge) :!:
Christopher6206 wrote:I activated Render Booster and then shut down the machine. Plugged in the Render Booster USB stick and powered back up. Render Booster install was a success.
  • :shock: The RenderBooster can always be active in the Product installation menu and within the Arabesk settings.
  • If the Renderbooster is plugged in, it will be used - if not plugged in or it's not supported by the project format (only 1920x1080 interlaced makes sense), the CPU will do the Arabesk encoding.
  • There is also no "success" message when adding or activating the RenderBooster. It's just there, or not.
Christopher6206 wrote:The entire new project with my new storyboard was gone. It had reverted back to how far I had gotten the day before. And I lost 3 hours of work.
This can happen when
  • the power was cut before the system has properly shut down and the harddrives have written their cache entries.
  • The hard-drive had a problem when writing the project file and this got corrupted. Then the last "power on state backup file" is used in order to recover the project and prevent all to be lost. I would recommend to have the hard-drive tested, like described here.