Adding Fonts

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
lcvideo
Casablanca Unit: S-3000

Adding Fonts

Post by lcvideo »

I've never really paid much attention to the fonts available in my S3000. I know I have a few of the packages and have always just scrolled down the list to find what I wanted to use based on how the font looked, Today I was looking for some specific fonts to match some client logos and was surprised to see that several basic fonts are not in my library - like Arial, Myraid Pro, Helvatica, or Calibri. Are those fonts available to get and add to my S3000? I see a function on the machine to import fonts.

Can I pull fonts off of the web and import them in?

I use other computer editing programs as well to edit video and of course, most of those let me choose from the hundreds of fonts on my computer.

Thanks!

Lee Cornell
Lee
Lee Cornell
LC Video Productions
lcvideo

Re: Adding Fonts

Post by lcvideo »

FOLLOW-UP. I do have Font Packs 1-4 and Font pack Pro 2 on my S3000. But none of those include the mentioned common fonts.

Lee Cornell
Lee
Lee Cornell
LC Video Productions
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Located in your Microsoft folder called fonts.....all free to import. My favorite is ARIAL BOLD.
Chet’s Site has the procedure as well as free fonts from a website.
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Post by mhuebmer »

lcvideo wrote:surprised to see that several basic fonts are not in my library - like Arial, Myraid Pro, Helvatica, or Calibri.
You may copy most of the .ttf TrueType-Fonts to an USB drive yourself and import them on the Casablanca-3 systems. But the manufacturer was not allowed to, as written here:
Wikipedia wrote:Arial is a proprietary typeface to which Monotype Imaging owns all rights, including software copyright and trademark rights (under U.S. copyright law, Monotype cannot legally copyright the shapes of the actual glyphs themselves). Its licensing terms prohibit derivative works and free redistribution. (Source: Wikipedia)
Not all .ttf fonts will have all characters and some unusual fonts may also crash the system when using them or certain characters :!: Mostly graphic fonts may have some issues. But "normal" fonts like Arial should be no problem.

In the Windows File Explorer, enter C:\Windows\Fonts to access the directory, select and copy the fonts to the USB drive and use the Import part at the Casablanca-3 font selection to get them in. Import is limited to 100 fonts :!: The delete function there will only remove those self-imported TrueTypeFonts, while Bogart font packs can only be "hidden" as they are bundled in the product-install menu.
lcvideo

Post by lcvideo »

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated!
Lee
Lee Cornell
LC Video Productions