My new Meteor2 editer...which cable goes where?

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
g4ssss
Casablanca Unit: CASABLANCA 4 METEOR 2
2 TB Hard Drive 8 GB Ram Blu-ray Burner
Multi Card Reader
Bogart Windows 11 Gold Edition

My new Meteor2 editer...which cable goes where?

Post by g4ssss »

Hey Guys,
I bought the new Meteor 2 Casablanca Unit.
It arrived about 4 weeks ago, from Germany. It looks great but there were no instructions re: How to get Started, I think that I probaby could figure it out if I just knew which
cables go to what part of my system.
The other 2 editors that I bought from Macro Systems, came with some real basic info about the system set up.
Does anybody know where I can find a simple diagram on how to set this thing up I've looked all over the internet but I can't find this info.
This Meteor 2 seems to have 11 inputs to connect with different cables.
The machine itself looks pretty solid. I can't wait to get started on my next project.
Thanks for your time and any suggestions that you can share with me. Gary
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: My new Meteor2 editer...which cable goes where?

Post by CKNewman »

I don't know who you bought it from, but before you do anything I'd make sure it was configured for U.S. ac current as opposed to German ac current.
Craig Newman
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Post by mhuebmer »

The Casablanca-3 models behave like every Casablanca-1/2/3 or PC system. Unless you don't use force to put any plug into a wrong port, nothing can go wrong.

Depending on the mainboard, you have VGA, DisplayPort, DVI and HDMI connectors for your Display. You may use a singe one or multiple of them at the same time.
The USB ports are for mouse, trackball, keyboard, card-reader, Shuttle-TT, printer, scanner... and any other USB device. Black is USB-2... blue is USB-3, mostly needed for external hard-drives.

Power cord, HDMI connection to TV (incl. audio), mouse and keyboard - and the system is up and running. Image
garymcnally
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro, Studio, Touch, Travel 2, Sapphire, Ultra, TV Studio 2, Portable TV Studio, and Titanium TV Studio. Bogart 10 Windows Desktops - Laptop -Tablet - Karat - S-6000 - S4100- Dell XPS 8930 with Intel i7-9700 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU, and 16Mb RAM. JVC GY-HD100U - JVC BR-HD50U - CANON HV20 - SONY AX33 4K

Post by garymcnally »

Gary,

I put the hook-up info on all system packing slips. I also sent many emails that apparently aren't getting through to you. Check your spam folder.

Thanks,
Gary
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us