KARAT

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
nammac
Casablanca Unit: 6000
Casablanca 4 Studio

KARAT

Post by nammac »

My Karat I purchased about 10 months ago, suddenly has stopped rendering all effects. I am still waiting to hear back from ANYONE at the company concerning a possible solution or where to send it for a repair. Is Macro Systems still in business?
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Re: KARAT

Post by BobFoster »

Have you been using the automatic rendering feature? Are you saying that it will not even render a cross fade when clicking on the “create” button?
Brittingham
Casablanca Unit: none yet

Post by Brittingham »

Is automatic rendering feature working separately from the rest?
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Smart Render?
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Post by mhuebmer »

nammac wrote:My Karat I purchased about 10 months ago
:shock: The last Casablanca-3 Karat and Topaz systems were built in 2012. Nevertheless, be sure to use the latest software :!:
If minimum Bogart 5 and Arabesk 6 are active, here are (always) the current versions: Bogart 5.26 / 6.22 / 7.20 / 8.17 / 9.12/ 10.6 / 11.3, depending on your region:
nammac wrote:has stopped rendering all effects
There may be two possible issues:
  1. Hard-drive is full: check Project menu and make sure the HDD capacity keeps under 90%, so there is still space for temporary needed files.
  2. Bogart crashed or recorded damaged video and now THINKS the hard-drive is full, independent of the actual percentage. Let's say the HDD capacity shows 40% and is's not possible to create any more effects. Deleting unused scenes or projects and lowering the capacity to 35% will give you 5% for new effect rendering. But it may stop when reaching the 40% again. To resolve this, backup all important data, export the activation codes to a USB device and do a fresh Bogart installation. Then restore the backup and continue work without restrictions. :P
nammac wrote:I am still waiting to hear back from ANYONE at the company concerning a possible solution or where to send it for a repair. Is Macro Systems still in business?
That depends where you filed an error report. :?
  • EU: The manufacturer of the Casablanca-3 system Karat went out of business in 2013. If you sent a mail to an old macrosystem.de address, nobody will ever read that any more. Hardware service in Europe is done by 4 Di Motion.
  • USA: MacroSystem Americas LLC was and is an independent company. If you are within the US, find the contact information here.