Audio problems in the Bogart system

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
francisbvp
Casablanca Unit: Karat with Bogart 10 and Arabesk 7 v7.3 gold edition

Audio problems in the Bogart system

Post by francisbvp »

Hi I’m having problems capturing audio from my SD cards onto a project I bought a new Rode Go mics but can not transfer both channels onto my project If I open the card in other editing systems the audio is fine but not on the Bogart I’m using the Travel laptop up to date version and I’ve videoed on Sony PXW-X150 the Sony NX80 and a Sony A7 iii all with the same problem can you assist
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Re: Audio problems in the Bogart system

Post by mhuebmer »

I guess those camcorders have set the audio recording to multiple mono channels. Bogart v1-v12 will only use the first audio track. If that is mono and there is nothing in it... try this converter I made in 2019 for the Sony PXW-X70 :!:
  • End of 2021, Bogart v13 Windows should be ready and be able to read up to 6x mono audio tracks within scenes. :P
  • But outdated Casablanca-3 hardware from 2003-2012 will probably not be able to get this feature, due to the outdated operating system. :(
If your data with the 9 year old Casablanca-3 Karat is still correct, feedback if the converter worked with your files would be nice.

If you are on Bogart Windows already, you could also register to the MacroSystem Compoesy beta-test program. The Compoesy software will be able to capture the audio correctly and you could then transfer all scenes directly from the Compoesy editing software to the BogartSE Windows editing software. ;)
francisbvp

Post by francisbvp »

Ok I’ll try this converter tomorrow all being well thanks for the info
francisbvp

Post by francisbvp »

Yes I’m on the Bogart Windows system I know it’s version 12.5 I think