March Get-Together

A place for Cassie Users to socialize and relax.
jimmeeker
Casablanca Unit: Avio, Solitaire, with OS 9.1 and S-6000 with Bogart 5 & all software

Re: March Get-Together

Post by jimmeeker »

Hey everyone,

I just printed and loaded all the nametags and added the stickers for the Banquet and lunches to all of them. Then I put the sheets with everyone's serial numbers and Codes in each of the envelopes for the ones who actually included their serial numbers on the registration sheets. Lots of work to get this thing going, but it's always worth the effort to see how much everyone enjoys the friendship and networking time with the Cassie Family.

I just wish we could convince "Beachy" to fly over. It's even sadder to not have his sunshine and brightness evident everyday here on the forum. We always bragged about this being the friendiest place on the web, but I guess some of the newer guys hadn't heard about that.

To you Beachy, I extend my apologies for some of our folks here on the forum who seem to be too uptight to have a little fun. I kind of feel responsible for this problem....I've been so busy getting the MGT up and running, that I haven't had time to monitor the forum as closely as in years gone by, and would have defended my friend Beachy with everything that I had. A finer gentlemen you will never find.....anywhere.

If you will return to our forum, my friend, I know I speak for the majority of the fourm members, we need your Aviosaurus stories and we would really appreciate hearing all your ideas and especially your humor for sure.
Jim Meeker
The Old Timer

Founder of the
"March Get Together"

We Remember
12-7-41 and 9-11-01
Milan, Illinois
S-6000 w/Bogart 5 /Solitaire, Avio DVD / All Software OS 9.1/ Panasonic HMC150p AVCHD Camcorder
IanPearson
Casablanca Unit: Studio Pro OS B4W V9
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Programs:- Most of the standard operating programs.

Post by IanPearson »

Steady Jim, you might be running foul of the trades description act (A finer gentlemen you will never find.....anywhere.), it’s John (Beachy) we are talking about here. :roll: However, it will be good to have him back on this site, if only to stop him filling my email inbox. ;)

Seriously though, as you say this has and hopefully will continue to be the friendliest place on the web. It has always provided the appropriate assistance to all those seeking help, whilst at the same time having a lighter side, where sarcasm, wit and leg pulling are part of the format.

Sometimes the difference between US, British and indeed other European culture and humour (yes and even the spelling with our additional U’s) has been a source of amusement, but I think this only helps to bring us all closer together.

Like the time I naively asked the derivation of the term “It sucks” :oops: and was very politely told.

John, I repeat, it will be great to have you back in here.

Ian
Ian Pearson S6000 Bogart SE7 - Solitaire OS V9.1 - Avio DV Pro OS V9.1
Programs:- Most programs, with the notable exception of CB Paint and Quadcam
Kingston upon Hull. England
Beachy
Casablanca Unit: Avio/DVD. Ver.9.1 candy factory, DVD Arabesk V4.1. Effects packs 5 6 7 8 particle magic,Pip-studio V1.0 and a Very, very old reliable, Avio 3.6c.
Cameras.CannonXL1, Sony DCR-TVR950E, Sony DSR-PD150P

Post by Beachy »

Thank you Jim and Ian, I feel a lot more at ease in the "Casablanca Cafe"!! now thats up and running..We must as you say, keep the old Comaraderie going, i do miss the old banter we used to have even with the techie bits running alongside, I will allways think of you in the colonies!!! as my true friends across the sea, And as the Rev Bob said, You never know, one day we may cross that pond and meet, purely on social grounds as our old machines have been left way behind now. (mind you, we dont seem to be having the problems they are having with the newer models!) :D Have a great meet, my regards to all....john
Beachy
AKA Lord Sherrington
CliffHawkins
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 Pro
Solitaire SE 8.0

Post by CliffHawkins »

But Beachy our problems that we are having are so much faster than the problems we had (have) on the Aviosaurus. :D
Cliff Hawkins

S-4000 Pro Bogart 4.1c
Solitaire SE 8
Cannon XH-A1
Canon GL-1