Its nice in Here!!

A place for Cassie Users to socialize and relax.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Its nice in Here!!

Post by LouBruno »

WOW!!! Athens Greece...............................................Jim Doukas will be happy!!! :-)
salaxi wrote:Hi there y'all! Although a bit irrelevant to the contents of this thread, at least i believe my post is relevant to the title of it! :D
Well, this is Vasilios, from Athens, Greece. Nice to meet you folks here, it really feels nice in here, judging from the amount of humor and friendliness among the users of the forum!! I know my nick dosen't give much about my name, sorry 'bout that, but although i went to the UCP i couldn't find a way of altering it afterwards.. It ok with me as long as it's ok with the rest of the people here. Maybe i was too fast in completing the registration sequence :) Anyway, i haven't much of experience with the hobby, and have only a few weeks ago gotten myself an old Casablanca classic (040 cpu) which i consider a very interesting machine for it's age! lol
Once again,glad to meet you folks!
Sincerely,
Vasilios
salaxi
Casablanca Unit: Classic Cassie

Post by salaxi »

Hello folks, and thank you all for your warm welcome! First, i hope you all had a happy Easter time, ours hasn't come yet! It's on the coming Sunday.. I know the 040 is an old machine, and definitely not capable of tremendous tasks, but it seemed to be an emotional-sort-of-a-purchase, because actually in there ticks an Amiga heart! LOL Being an Amiga fan ever since they came out, back in 86 i bought my first A1000. Then i started using a genlock and various vcr's, cameras and such, but always in an amateur way. (hobby-wise) It still is a hobby for me, i have no intention to make money out of video, i'm in it for the fun. My next goal is to acquire a Video Toaster, either the original, or the next one, the Toaster 4000. Plus, i'm looking forward to finding the DV module for the ol' Cassie. Only time will tell!
Well, thanks once again for your welcome; i'll stay in touch!
Vasilios
PaulBusta
Casablanca Unit: S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS, with much software.

Post by PaulBusta »

Hi Vasilios, eventhough it's just a hobby for you, you sure do have a beautiful country to shoot. Don't know if I'll ever make it there so I sure would like to see some of the things and places you've shot. Good luck with the "Toaster 4000".
Paul Busta

P.A.B. Digital Video Productions
S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS with much software.
Casablanca user since 1997.
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Post by BobFoster »

Welcome Vasilios, My first real computer was also an Amiga 1000. It came with 500 Kb and you could buy a card to add another 500Kb. You now had a whopping 1 Mb. I found a 3rd party manufacturer that put together a stand alone box about the size of a VCR that held 3.5 Mb for a lot of dollars. When I told other Amagaites that I had 4 1/2 Megs thay would go "eeeeeeeeeew wow".
videojim
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S6000, with 4.1G Bogart.

Post by videojim »

Hey, does the Aviosaurus crash on a whim like the Renosaurus? Mine just tells me its had a problem and needs to shut down. Between the crashes, its doin ok, I guess.
Skype ID-talkingrock756
salaxi
Casablanca Unit: Classic Cassie

Post by salaxi »

@PaulBusta:
Thank you for your kind comments of my country. I'll do my best to get some material online.. As for the Toaster, i had a change of plans! Although i was aiming for it, i did a "daring" move, and went for another very rare item, a DraCo AV Workstation. This beast has a Dracomotion card for video. And is a much more powerful machine than the classic Cassie. It's the one on the top picture of this link.
http://www.amiga-hardware.com/showhardw ... ?HARDID=43 Time will tell if it was worth it. I'm still waiting for it to come!
However useful -or not- at least it surely is a collector's item.. By the way, another drawback from the otherwise fine Toaster card, is that i would also need a TBC card cause the Toaster can't sync incoming video successfully. Crazy ain't it? :roll:
@BobFoster:
Glad to know your first "real" computer was an Amiga. It helps (or at least helped) people to build the first right steps into the proper way computing should be. And my feelings are that i was lucky enough to have had the opportunity to get started with an A1000 back then. (i used to live in the States at the time) So, i know the feeling! :D 23 years later, i still use Amigas! Never stopped, and hopefully never will! And by the way, the Greek Amiga community is very active till now! I just happened to take a small break from the typical route, and try out some more "exotic" alternatives in the form of those Draco systems.