Its nice in Here!!

A place for Cassie Users to socialize and relax.
Beachy
Casablanca Unit: Avio/DVD. Ver.9.1 candy factory, DVD Arabesk V4.1. Effects packs 5 6 7 8 particle magic,Pip-studio V1.0 and a Very, very old reliable, Avio 3.6c.
Cameras.CannonXL1, Sony DCR-TVR950E, Sony DSR-PD150P

Its nice in Here!!

Post by Beachy »

Of all the bars in all the world...etc etc.. I am sorry I havent been about lately, but as Ian says things move on especially technology and most of the questions asked now I havent a clue about! (Not as tho' i had a clue about the old system! :D ) I would feel
like the Wright Bros. going to cape canaveral!!.. My old "Aviosaurus" is still plodding away. I have added sound to my videos now!! Well not exactley added,...I have this pianist who goes around the brides house when they want to watch it! and "Tinkles" in the background!! :D I shall be Seventy in a few weeks time!! I cant believe it, I said to my wife, "Do I still look like George Clooney?" She said, "You look more like Rosemary Clooney"!!!...(I might change her this year) A couple of my mates are goimg to video the party, I shall be playing drums with my old band for about 40mins, and the Theatre company that I play drums for are doing a caberet spot later on. All my children 8 girls and 1 boy, all the grandchildren, all my old workmates and friends from way back will all be there! I'll have to edit a copy for Charles's DVD's Have a great time at Jims Meet, I think of you all as my good friends across the sea, and I promise to pop into casablanca cafe more often....John
Beachy
AKA Lord Sherrington
PaulBusta
Casablanca Unit: S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS, with much software.

Re: Its nice in Here!!

Post by PaulBusta »

I know I'm a few weeks early but Happy 70th Birthday John. Sounds like your going to have a great time. Have a single malt for me. ;) :D
Paul Busta

P.A.B. Digital Video Productions
S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS with much software.
Casablanca user since 1997.
BobNaughton
Casablanca Unit: Smart Edit 8 Prestige Plus 256MB, Bluebox World, PIP Studio,Disk Transfer, QuadCam, Motion Perfect, Motion 3D, Photo Studio2, Photo Transfer, Audio Effects Pkg, Magic Lights, Filter Pack,Arabesk 4,That's about it. I generally use a 2 monitor setup.

Shoot with 2 Sony VX2000's, and also a VX2100.

Post by BobNaughton »

Welcome back Beachy! and Happy Birthday.

Maybe you could trade in your Aviosauras, for a Prestigiosauras. It shouldn't cost that much more to feed it.
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Actually, John's birthday is nine and a half weeks away, but at seventy everything goes so fast (except his aviosaurus) that it seems like that is just a few.

Mark down the date gentlemen and ladies so you can wish him a happy birthday on the actual day, Wednesday, May 13th. 8-)
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
Beachy
Casablanca Unit: Avio/DVD. Ver.9.1 candy factory, DVD Arabesk V4.1. Effects packs 5 6 7 8 particle magic,Pip-studio V1.0 and a Very, very old reliable, Avio 3.6c.
Cameras.CannonXL1, Sony DCR-TVR950E, Sony DSR-PD150P

Post by Beachy »

Is there anything this man Tim doesnt know?? :D
Beachy
AKA Lord Sherrington
BobNaughton
Casablanca Unit: Smart Edit 8 Prestige Plus 256MB, Bluebox World, PIP Studio,Disk Transfer, QuadCam, Motion Perfect, Motion 3D, Photo Studio2, Photo Transfer, Audio Effects Pkg, Magic Lights, Filter Pack,Arabesk 4,That's about it. I generally use a 2 monitor setup.

Shoot with 2 Sony VX2000's, and also a VX2100.

Post by BobNaughton »

He doesn't know my birthday. I wont tell him either, it will drive him nuts :)
salaxi
Casablanca Unit: Classic Cassie

Post by salaxi »

Hi there y'all! Although a bit irrelevant to the contents of this thread, at least i believe my post is relevant to the title of it! :D
Well, this is Vasilios, from Athens, Greece. Nice to meet you folks here, it really feels nice in here, judging from the amount of humor and friendliness among the users of the forum!! I know my nick dosen't give much about my name, sorry 'bout that, but although i went to the UCP i couldn't find a way of altering it afterwards.. It ok with me as long as it's ok with the rest of the people here. Maybe i was too fast in completing the registration sequence :) Anyway, i haven't much of experience with the hobby, and have only a few weeks ago gotten myself an old Casablanca classic (040 cpu) which i consider a very interesting machine for it's age! lol
Once again,glad to meet you folks!
Sincerely,
Vasilios
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Welcome Vasilios,

Yes, we are a friendly group here.

The only downside is there probably is less than one percent that still have or have ever used the first generation Cassie that you have so we won't be able to be as helpful as normal with hardware/software questions you might have.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
PaulBusta
Casablanca Unit: S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS, with much software.

Post by PaulBusta »

Hi Vasilios,

Great to have you join us. I had a 040 back when it first came out, it was the best for it's time and I made alot of money with it. Hope you have fun with it.
Paul Busta

P.A.B. Digital Video Productions
S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS with much software.
Casablanca user since 1997.
TomHajewski
Casablanca Unit: Prestige with most of the software. SE 7.

Post by TomHajewski »

Welcome to the Forum, Vasilios! :)

Many of us started editing with the same machine you acquired. Once you start playing with it and find out how easy it is to use, you will start thinking about getting a newer model.

Be sure to visit this Forum often and ask any questions that you have. No question is too basic and everyone is happy to help the newer members.
Tom Hajewski