Socialization??

A place for Cassie Users to socialize and relax.
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Socialization??

Post by flvideo »

Why doesn't anyone come on here and socialize? I'd like to talk to other cassievideo nuts about something we all love or we wouldn't be on this site at all.
I talk on other forums and we have a blast. It keeps my mind occupied while my Renommee is busy. Bob..
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Re: Socialization??

Post by JBrooks »

Bob,

I thought I would chime in regarding your post. I rarely have the time to chat on-line but, I think this is still the greatest forum out there. That's one of the reasons I cancled my facebook account.

I really appreciate all of my Cassie friends out there. I love my Cassie ( and my wife as well)...........

Have a good week.
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

There use to be a fair amount of that on the old BB Bob and we had a thriving community, but when the adminstration decided to split the forum into various subject titled areas it did a lot to kill that for some reason.

And when we migrated to this forum due to the old one becoming technically non-functional it died a bit more.

Not sure if that is the natural progression of online societies or what, but the chatting nature never really came back.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
IanPearson
Casablanca Unit: Studio Pro OS B4W V9
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Programs:- Most of the standard operating programs.

Post by IanPearson »

I think the other thing that killed the chat was the expansion of the Cassie products.

In the earlier years most had early generation 2 units, the software was relatively limited and therefore the conversations were mainly about technique. Now there are three generations of Cassie and a multitude of software, not to mention the development of HD and all that this has brought.

Because we were all using similar units and software, this quite naturally lead to this feeling of being one family.

Tim’s comment about natural progression may well be correct. Obviously the main talk now is about the generation 3 units, which leaves those who still edit on generation two machines, often with fairly early operating systems, with much less in common.

I too very much miss the banter and leg pulling, but as the technology is likely to expand even further and the range of products becomes even more diverse, I am sorry to say it may be very difficult to resurrect the old feeling.

I do hope I am wrong. :cry:

Ian
Ian Pearson S6000 Bogart SE7 - Solitaire OS V9.1 - Avio DV Pro OS V9.1
Programs:- Most programs, with the notable exception of CB Paint and Quadcam
Kingston upon Hull. England
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

Well Ian, to resurrect the old only needs you and I to start and others will surely follow. Explain the generation 2 and 3. I suppose a Gen 3 is with the Bogart op system. I edit currently with a Renommee and I love it. I have used other systems and they had their advantages. I guess I'd better qualify that statement.Macrosystem was my only non linier system. What I am really waiting for is the developement of the ability of our machines to read those DTE's I think they call them. That would be a deal to be able to just dump it to the editor with no tape. I'd also like to see our machines able to talk to and interact with a PC. Now that would be a perfect world for my busyness. Bob...
jimmeeker
Casablanca Unit: Avio, Solitaire, with OS 9.1 and S-6000 with Bogart 5 & all software

Post by jimmeeker »

Alas, the Cafe needs the wit of Sir Beachy.

Beachy where are you.
Jim Meeker
The Old Timer

Founder of the
"March Get Together"

We Remember
12-7-41 and 9-11-01
Milan, Illinois
S-6000 w/Bogart 5 /Solitaire, Avio DVD / All Software OS 9.1/ Panasonic HMC150p AVCHD Camcorder
IanPearson
Casablanca Unit: Studio Pro OS B4W V9
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Programs:- Most of the standard operating programs.

Post by IanPearson »

Yes Bob I think with a little effort we could help lighten up the BB.

You are also right Jim, in that John’s (Beachy) wit and humour are sadly missed and he could always be relied upon to bring all us techies down to ground level. There were a number of others like Condo, who were of similar mind and no longer appear.

Whilst we should not rely on individuals to stimulate general conversation, I do miss John’s contribution, especially since I was often the subject of his jibes and ribbing about coming from Yorkshire. I do still regularly exchange emails with John and even occasionally meet at a seminar, but I will see if we cannot bring him back, if only to this section.

Incidentally Bob, generation 1 was the old Casablanca Classic with OS V1.0, generation 2 the Avio to Solitaire with the Smart Edit OS range and generation 3 the S range with Bogart. I don't know if this is the offical teminology, but it is how it is often referred to.

Ian

PS, I will be missing for a couple of weeks, just setting of for France via the Hull over night roll on roll off ferry to Zeebrugge in Belgium this evening. As some of you may be aware there is a 10 boat, around the world clipper race, which set off from Hull, my home town, on Sunday. A very impressive start in which some 300,000 people were there at the send off, quite a sight. The weekend pre sail celebrations were also quite spectacular.

The first port of call before going across to Brazil (Rio) is La Rochelle, on the west coast of France. I did not plan this, but just happen to be staying near La Rochelle for a few days and hope to see the clippers again when they arrive. Even better if I can get some decent film. The race finishes back in Hull in 10 months.
Ian Pearson S6000 Bogart SE7 - Solitaire OS V9.1 - Avio DV Pro OS V9.1
Programs:- Most programs, with the notable exception of CB Paint and Quadcam
Kingston upon Hull. England
flvideo
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

Hey Ian, enjoy your holiday, as you brits call it. Stateside its a vacation. Now thats a long race. 10 months. I'd get home sick. LOL! Bob
Beachy
Casablanca Unit: Avio/DVD. Ver.9.1 candy factory, DVD Arabesk V4.1. Effects packs 5 6 7 8 particle magic,Pip-studio V1.0 and a Very, very old reliable, Avio 3.6c.
Cameras.CannonXL1, Sony DCR-TVR950E, Sony DSR-PD150P

Post by Beachy »

You wouldnt get home sick if you came from Yorkshire.........(Gotcha Ian :D )
John
Beachy
AKA Lord Sherrington
Charles
Casablanca Unit: S6000 Effects 1,2,3,5,7,8 Blue Box World,
Arabesk 6.0a , Bogart 5.5c Disc Transfer 1.2

Post by Charles »

flvideo wrote:Why doesn't anyone come on here and socialize? I'd like to talk to other cassievideo nuts about something we all love or we wouldn't be on this site at all.
I talk on other forums and we have a blast. It keeps my mind occupied while my Renommee is busy. Bob..
Hi Bob
One other way to socialize is to share video footage of what you do with your cassie be it fun,hobby or business.

That was one of the reasons i started the Film Fest here in the UK and have had a few entries from this forum over the last couple of years,this year for the US,Canada and Mexico entries it is even easier as Chet Davies has agreed to colate the entries this side of the pond while i do the same on the other and we each send the completed discs to each other for copying and sending out.

This sure saves on postage costs so if intrested see this post for more details viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1798 i already have Ian Pearson and Volker Hill entries to name but two
Regards
Charles