Film Fest

A place for Cassie Users to socialize and relax.
Charles
Casablanca Unit: S6000 Effects 1,2,3,5,7,8 Blue Box World,
Arabesk 6.0a , Bogart 5.5c Disc Transfer 1.2

Film Fest

Post by Charles »

Hi All
It’s that time of the year when I start the Film Fest.
OK so what are the prizes you may ask - NONE, a big fat ZERO. It’s not a competition in any way shape or form, instead it’s a fun way of seeing what other Casablanca users around the world do with their units be it business, hobby or once a year celebration you film.

Topics can include local events, your home town, wedding demo, TV advert(s), etc. It's also helpful if you can do a short intro on-camera to set-up your entries, and to mention which Casablanca model was used etc.

It’s old hat a lot may say... there is Vimeo, YouTube and many more hosts on the internet where I can show my video in a small square for others to see - fine no argument there, but I would rather watch on a 42” Plasma and have a copy on DVD that I can watch when I want.

What is the point of the Film Fest?

It’s a way of seeing what other users produce, from a local event to a wedding demo to a commercial presentation - in fact more or less anything you have filmed and edited on a Casablanca.

In past years entries have been posted to me here in the UK and completed sets sent from the UK. However like anything else over the last couple of years postal costs have gone through the roof so this year with the help of Chet Davis (The Casablanca Expert) all entries from the USA, Canada and Mexico will be sent to Chet who will compile them and forward to me. In turn I will post to Chet a complete set of the European / Australian discs which he will duplicate and distribute. This keeps all postal costs down to local rates instead of International rates.

Entries accepted on Mini-DV and Disk Transfer DVD.

Charles Higgin

To submit an entry for this year's Casablanca Film Fest

From Europe

Send an Email to Charles at charles@chiggin.f9.co.uk with subject as “Film Fest” Include details of your film(s) and you will receive details of where to send your entry.

From North & South America

Send an Email to Chet Davis at chet@chetdavis.com with subject as “Film Fest” and you will receive details of where to send your entry.

From Asia & Austrailia

Charles is seeking a point person from this region - please contact him via email charles@chiggin.f9.co.uk with the subject as “Film Fest”.
Regards
Charles
Beachy
Casablanca Unit: Avio/DVD. Ver.9.1 candy factory, DVD Arabesk V4.1. Effects packs 5 6 7 8 particle magic,Pip-studio V1.0 and a Very, very old reliable, Avio 3.6c.
Cameras.CannonXL1, Sony DCR-TVR950E, Sony DSR-PD150P

Re: Film Fest

Post by Beachy »

Have you done this before then Charles???? First i've heard of it!!! :D Beachy
Beachy
AKA Lord Sherrington
Charles

Post by Charles »

Beachy wrote:Have you done this before then Charles???? First i've heard of it!!! :D Beachy
Funny you should say that John been trying for five years to get a entry off your twin, most surprised when i found out there were two of you,didn't believe you,sorry your twin when i spoke to him and he told me you were seeing to the repairs to your castle :D :roll: and then off for your holls
Regards
Charles
Charles

Post by Charles »

Thought i would post a update on the entries so far,a sort of league table,
Country No Entries
UK 8
USA 2
Germany 2
Australia 0
Canada 0
Ireland 0

So come on folks don't be shy enter a film or six after all with Chet's help it's easy and cheap for USA & Canada local postage rates.
Regards
Charles
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

I should hasten to point out for our colleagues in North America, simply send an Email to me
chet@chetdavis.com with subject as “Film Fest” and I will reply with my shipping address -- you are welcome to send your entry on DV tape or via Disk Transfer (DVD).

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
Charles

Post by Charles »

Well Film Fest is closed and being duplicated ready for posting on the 15th March for the UK and Europe and any other Pal countries that may want a set.if outside Europe i will have to obtain posting costs for that country.

As in the past all orders by e-mail please include full postal address if no access to e-mail and ordering because another cassie user has told you please PRINT name and address and include postcode I know to do this your friend will have had to tell you, so friends you have been asked

It’s a 6 disc set this year included are 2 NTSC discs kindly put together by Chet Davis who will be posting details when he returns from the MGT for orders this side of the pond.

Discs are sent Recorded Delivery UK and air mail Europe. Paying by cheque to Charles Higgin

UK £8:55

Europe £9:90

As in past years Martyn (Dalco) has kindly offered his Pay Pal services, cost as below

UK £9:10 PAY PAL

Europe £10:50

Procedures to use Pay Pal send an e-mail to me with a current e-mail address and Martyn will e-mail instructions,e-mail in profile.

My thanks to all that took part by sending their films in and to Chet for finding the time.
Regards
Charles