Quad Cities!

A place for Cassie Users to socialize and relax.
MikeMattke
Casablanca Unit: S2000 with all software. I also have a Prestige that I used on my film transfer station. I have B4W loaded on a laptop. I have a S4000 Pro that I am going to trade in for a discount on software for my B4W setup. I even have my first Cassie, the AVIO that I am going to hook up. Not sure what I will use it for but I want to see it run again.

Quad Cities!

Post by MikeMattke »

I arrived today and am relaxing in my motel room. Tomorrow I will be drinking at the font of knowledge that is Chet Davis a.k.a. The Casablanca Expert. Looking forward to seeing everyone - even that Ohio State fan - Lowell! :D
Mike Mattke
"Father of the Casablanca Cafe"
Sturgeon Bay, WI
BobC
Casablanca Unit: Meteor Pro Ultra, OS 10, Arabesk 7

Re: Quad Cities!

Post by BobC »

Mike (and everyone else who will attend),

Hope you all have a wonderful time. So sorry I can't join you this year. I am confident Chet's classes will be worth every penny as will the whole MGT event as well. Keep us posted on some of what you learn.
Bob Claxton
Heritage Video

Meteor Pro Ultra, OS 10, Arabesk 7
jimmeeker
Casablanca Unit: Avio, Solitaire, with OS 9.1 and S-6000 with Bogart 5 & all software

Post by jimmeeker »

Hello Everyone,

My van is loaded, and all the entry froms have been registered and the name tags printed and the drawing tickets all folded and placed in safe keeping, the Banquet food order has been placed and the Box Lunch selections have been sent in.....and I'm tired, but excited to be seeing all you guys and gals again.

We have a few new folks coming this year, so please be on your "Cassie Family" best behavior and greet them and welcome them all to the group. We know they will love all the programs and classes and lectures that we will have for them.....which of course are all put on by users, making this the only event put on for users by users.

They will love the Patio Party on Tuesday Night which comes right after Dale Bishop's Magic Hour. All the new folks will get a kick out of seeing everyone's own footage on the Wednesday night "Show Your Stuff" event.....and they will be dazzelled by Roger Schutter's 3 hour "Let's Shoot a Movie" hands-on grand experience in film making, as they do it in Hollywood.

The best of all will come on Thursday Night at the Banquet when our "Casablanca Expert" Mr. Chet Davis will take us on a journey back through the inner workings of MSUS history. Then the pace and the excitement will come to a head when we draw for the outstanding list of prizes to be given away by Chet Davis, Seth Hampton our Dealer for the MGT and the grand prize from MacroSystem....a brand new editor the S-2000 worth $2199.00. The total of all the prizes is well over $4600.00.

And just think....so many of you have decided to sit on your hands and not attend the MGT this year. With all the great things going on and all the fantastic prizes that will be won by 11 attendees who did come this year, you are sadly missing the boat. By the way....the snow IS MELTING and the termperature is in the 50s now, and the roads are clean and safe to drive on......So come on down and join us....it's not to late....we'll let you register at the door. You'll be glad you did.
Jim Meeker
The Old Timer

Founder of the
"March Get Together"

We Remember
12-7-41 and 9-11-01
Milan, Illinois
S-6000 w/Bogart 5 /Solitaire, Avio DVD / All Software OS 9.1/ Panasonic HMC150p AVCHD Camcorder
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Well, I for one am not "sitting on my hands", although I did "decide" not to attend this year as I am caught up in several different company's extended contract negotiations and feel I owe it to the thousands of involved members whose livelihood hangs in the balance to not take a personal vacation to enjoy myself at MGT this year. :(

I know others, like Lou who's dad is not doing well and I am sure there are others with personal issues that would love to come, but unfortunately have to be the responsible adults and put their own desires aside to help others.

Then of course, there are those who have been harder hit economically by the worst recession in most peoples living memory that would love to attend, but need to spend the money on food and shelter for their family.

I am positive Jim did not mean it as an insult to the many who could not attend this year, but have attended and supported his MGT over the many years.

I am sure that it was just a poor choice of hurried words as he is incredibly busy getting ready for what sounds like another exciting MGT.

That said, I would agree with Jim that if you actually do have the time and wherewithal to drop what you are doing and head down to the MGT tomorrow you should as you cannot find a better event to get your best bang for the buck for video related learning and socializing with like minded individuals.

I envy those of you in attendance and hope it is a roaring success so Jim will decide to host it again in 2011!
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
pdjohnson
Casablanca Unit: 1 saphir with 10 Bogart
1 Solitaire Plus SE 9.1 Loaded
1 Solitaire SE 9.1 Loaded
2 sony HD cameras
4 Sony VX2100
Canon XSI SLR
2 Canon Rebel T1i
Terabyte external drive

Post by pdjohnson »

We are sorry that we couldn't make it to Davenport this year. We chose to video a 2 day preliminary Miss Ohio pageant. We turned it down last year but decided to pick it up this time around. We are waiting to see if anything is coming out for the Solitaires in the near future. We haven't seen anything new for a long time. Everything has been mostly for the Bogart. Would love to be there just to give the new owners an earfull of what we need. It seems we have been left in the dark. We are just getting into our busy season with dance recitals so we are certainly not sitting on our hands. Sorry we can't be there but looking forward to seeing the pictures posted every evening.
Pauline Johnson
David & Pauline
RonaldPawlak
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 5.3 O.S.,Arabesk 5.4c, S4K Pro, most software, not a lot of HD software, Exterrnal USB blu-ray burner, Just purchase (2) XF-100 Canon cameras and one VIXIA HF-S10, HD cameras. (2) Senheisser Wireless Mics.

Post by RonaldPawlak »

I'll be away shooting somewhere on some Carribean Islands shooting the Sports Illistrated Swim Suit Contest for next year. Yeah sure, and if you believe that, you probably believe in the tooth fairy too.

Sorry I can't make it this year, finally getting some business to pay off all the latest new equipment I purchased. Been to all of them so far. When they come out with information about how to use the Media Manager, new software, latest updates,on the old software I purchased and can't use on my 4000 Pro. I will happily return. I'm not spending another penny untill I see what direction MacroSystems is going to go after being purchased by another company. Hopefully this meeting will bring out some good news.