upgrade

A place for Cassie Users to socialize and relax.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: upgrade

Post by CKNewman »

The trackball was one possibility, another prime suspect is an aging hard drive. Do you know how old, how used, and how large the hard drive is? Has anyone run some kind of diagnostic procedure on it?
Craig Newman
Beachy
Casablanca Unit: Avio/DVD. Ver.9.1 candy factory, DVD Arabesk V4.1. Effects packs 5 6 7 8 particle magic,Pip-studio V1.0 and a Very, very old reliable, Avio 3.6c.
Cameras.CannonXL1, Sony DCR-TVR950E, Sony DSR-PD150P

Post by Beachy »

Thanks Jim, Yes I'm still here...had a bit of prostate cancer I had 7 weeks of radiotherapy and thank God it seems to have cleared it. If any of you reading this dont as yet have a PSA blood test for prostate cancer, get onto your doctor NOW! catch it early. I have gone back to driving my train at the local Theme Park 4 days a week 4 hours a day...I still do the odd wedding. Its funny how some words dont cross the pond.."Juddering" it means instead of being smooth running it will miss a beat like the brakes on a car instead of coming to a smooth stop, the brakes juddered! I think Ian can explain better than me. See if you were on "Skype" i could show you!! anyone fancy a face to face i am on Skype as Johnnysherrington Best wishes john
Beachy
AKA Lord Sherrington
IanPearson
Casablanca Unit: Studio Pro OS B4W V9
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Programs:- Most of the standard operating programs.

Post by IanPearson »

Since Lord Sherrington asked, Judder is not a slang term, the Oxford English dictionary definition is “to shake noisily or violently”.

My definition would be shuddering or a jerking motion. As John described, vibrating car brakes are sometimes referred to as shuddering or juddering.

I hope your train runs smooth John and does not experience judder. :)

Ian
Ian Pearson S6000 Bogart SE7 - Solitaire OS V9.1 - Avio DV Pro OS V9.1
Programs:- Most programs, with the notable exception of CB Paint and Quadcam
Kingston upon Hull. England