Congrats to the Green Bay Packers!

A place for Cassie Users to socialize and relax.
JohnKleban
Casablanca Unit: Prestige with SE 7

Congrats to the Green Bay Packers!

Post by JohnKleban »

Wow, what a game and hats off to the Green Bay Packers on an incredible come-from-behind season, topped-off yesterday with an exciting Super Bowl Victory! Cheeseheads Rule! :mrgreen:

Some great tidbits from an article after the game you may not have known about...

You want bold? In a move that would have made Rex Ryan proud, McCarthy dismissed his players from their final team meeting on the night before the game and had them fitted for Super Bowl rings. As their fingers were measured in a hallway at the Dallas-area hotel where they’d spent the week, the Packers couldn’t help but feel their coach’s swagger. “It gave us a subtle confidence,” said middle linebacker Desmond Bishop(notes), whose fumble recovery on the first play of the fourth quarter was one of the game’s pivotal moments. “It let us know that we’re right there on the cusp of going down in history, and it made us want it so badly.”

“It’s definitely personal that it was against Pittsburgh, because that’s where I’m from. I was very blessed to grow up in a great football town, and now I’m fortunate enough to coach in the mecca of football. I’m married to a Green Bay native. It’s our home. And now, to be a permanent part of the tradition? Oh, man, it’s unreal.” Chances are he will have a street named after him in the quaint Wisconsin city he plans to call home forever.

“Aaron and I talked about it all week. I told him, ‘You’re going to have to throw the ball away two or three times, check it down a few times and make some plays with your feet, ‘cause I’m gonna put my foot on the gas all day long.’ He threw bullets all day.”

McCarthy is a reasonably simple man who is grateful for his many blessings, and the notion that he might someday cruise to work past street signs bearing his surname sounded a bit overwhelming as he sat with his parents, wife and daughter long after Sunday’s game. “Shoot,” he said, “I don’t worry about those things. Those are for the big people.” Earlier, I’d asked Murphy which Green Bay street seemed ripe for renaming, and he’d answered, “I don’t know. Ashland, maybe? We’ll see.” Jessica McCarthy, who has spent her entire life in the NFL’s smallest municipality, didn’t have any thoughts on that subject, but she did have a suggestion for what to call a prospective street named after her husband: “I think McCarthy Mile has a nice ring to it.” In the meantime, her husband will have a nice ring, as will his players, and the prospect of more to come as the 27-year-old Rodgers continues to blossom. And whatever happens down the road, McCarthy is pretty sure where he’ll end up living when all is said and done. “I’ll be [in Green Bay],” he said, looking at Jessica. “I’m not leaving.”
John Kleban
Special Event Video

SE 7 / Sony FX1 Cameras