Just passing

A place for Cassie Users to socialize and relax.
Beachy
Casablanca Unit: Avio/DVD. Ver.9.1 candy factory, DVD Arabesk V4.1. Effects packs 5 6 7 8 particle magic,Pip-studio V1.0 and a Very, very old reliable, Avio 3.6c.
Cameras.CannonXL1, Sony DCR-TVR950E, Sony DSR-PD150P

Just passing

Post by Beachy »

I thought i ought to pop in and say hello to all my old fiends around the globe, It was way back Xmas that I last looked in. I am still doing wedding videos but have slowed a little in my old age!! I still drive the train at the local Theme Pak four days a week, and recently had an op for Bowel cancer! My one ambition in life is to make it to Jims march madness before its to late!! And I pray that England and America will see sense and pull out of the wars we seem to enjoy joining...Nothing will change...just look at history... Best wishes to you all fo the coming year....Beachy
Beachy
AKA Lord Sherrington
Beachy
Casablanca Unit: Avio/DVD. Ver.9.1 candy factory, DVD Arabesk V4.1. Effects packs 5 6 7 8 particle magic,Pip-studio V1.0 and a Very, very old reliable, Avio 3.6c.

Re: Just passing

Post by Beachy »

The lack of response to this post reminds me of why I dont visit this unfriendly site anymore.
Ahhhhh remember the old days? Bye bye.......................I'm out of here :?
Beachy
AKA Lord Sherrington
ChrisStone
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus w/SE8 and all software

Post by ChrisStone »

Hi Beachy

I was glad you checked in on the board. I don't write much on here myself but I do read it almost every day just to see how my old Casablanca friends are doing. When you wrote your post it was on our Memorial day holiday, so lots of folks were probably out of town on vacation (holiday for us Canadians and Brits) So try not to read too much into it.

Hope your surgery went well and I hope you can cross the pond to attend Jim's get together soon.
Chris Stone
Etched In Stone Video Productions
Renommee + SE9, All software, Panasonic AF100 Panasonic AG-160,
Adobe Production Suite CS6
Member # 5
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

John,

Chris is right, Memorial Day is when we honor our war vets, like my dad from WWII.

The weekend tends to be one long combination of family celebrations of those alive and memorials for those gone for most here in the USA and things like video editing boards tend to fall by the wayside.

The BB is not as busy or active as it was in MSUS's heyday, but that is natural and understandable.

Like you, many of the old gang do not monitor the board daily so no immediate responses does not make it an unfriendly board, just lonely, very low traffic one. ;)

Let us know with an official announcement if you do commit to anything but a tease about attending Jim's March Get Together next year.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
Steve
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus-SE 8.1 and S-6000-Bogart 4.1g

Post by Steve »

Beacy,

I am always glad to see your messages but I am sorry to hear about your surgery and I hope it went well. I don't post many messages on the forum but I check it about every day. I would love to see you at Jim's MGT but we will need to have some time to keep all our wives from attending the event.
Steve Houck
shouck2@aol.com
S6000 & Renommee Plus
Bogart 4.1g & SE 8.1-Arabesk 4.0-
Beachy

Post by Beachy »

Yes I think I had my Grumpy head on that day.......... :D
Beachy
AKA Lord Sherrington
Charles
Casablanca Unit: S6000 Effects 1,2,3,5,7,8 Blue Box World,
Arabesk 6.0a , Bogart 5.5c Disc Transfer 1.2

Post by Charles »

You Grumphy !!!! Never :roll: :lol:
Regards
Charles
jameswilson
Casablanca Unit: Avio Pro, Avio Pro DVD.

Post by jameswilson »

Hi Beachy,

I`m always here for you old friend, but I do know what you mean.
I used to sit up most nights reading the "old" BB.
I know things change, but they were the good old days.

Since I was last on here I`ve had two carotid arteries cleared &
a quadruple bypass done. And to be honest feel pretty lousy, not
what the doctors said "You`ll feel like a new man" I`m still waiting,
so is the wife, what a dissapointment.

I`ve knocked weddings on the head now & just do my cine to dvd conversions
etc. I`m sorry to be waffleing on must be a sign of growing old.

Well goodbye, Tim, jim, and all my old BB friends, Beachy I`ll be on the phone.
Best Regards to you all,
James.
James Wilson
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

James,
Don't make it goodbye, make it see you later, around or next time.

I am currently not actively doing video professionally, but that doesn't mean I cannot peek in here and converse with old friends.

It was never just about video, it was about mutual interests with Casablanca editing and video being the natural top shared interests.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
jimmeeker
Casablanca Unit: Avio, Solitaire, with OS 9.1 and S-6000 with Bogart 5 & all software

Post by jimmeeker »

Hey Beachy, Ol Friend,

Glad to hear from you. I'm working hard on the 2012 MGT. It'll be a totally new and different meeting this next year. More vendors, more widely diverse speakers and it'll be open to all who love video.

It will also be a test to see if we continue into the future. Things have really changed and MSUS has moved into a smaller more cost effective office in Boulder to save money. I visited there just a few weeks ago and talked with Justin and Dennis. shot some video of it and might be convinced to post the footage for all to see later on. Eric was out of town at the time so I didn't get a chance to talk with him about the next MGT but did get a feeling from Dennis about what the support level would be for the MGT from MSUS.

There will be software prizes as before and probably a hardware grand prize as in the past, but no real confirmation of that yet as Eric was not there.

Depending on how the 2012 event turns out with it's new personality and plan, this may be the time for you to spring for the trip over to the Colonies next March. I'm sticking my neck out all alone on this one as there won't be any aide from the manufacturer at all.

Sorry I haven't jumped in here and answered sooner, my friend. Things are really changing and I'm getting much slower at everything that I do, or can still do.

I'll be posting a video about next year's event soon, and will have the entry forms ready on the web site shortly.

It would really be a great day indeed, if we could introduce Beachy to all the MS users and other NLE folks of America at the "March Get Together" in 2012.

Please know that we all want you to come on over.
Jim Meeker
The Old Timer

Founder of the
"March Get Together"

We Remember
12-7-41 and 9-11-01
Milan, Illinois
S-6000 w/Bogart 5 /Solitaire, Avio DVD / All Software OS 9.1/ Panasonic HMC150p AVCHD Camcorder