Non-linear history

A place for Cassie Users to socialize and relax.
Shootnseas
Casablanca Unit: Avio

Non-linear history

Post by Shootnseas »

A discussion with a former co-worker made me try to recall the various non-linear edit systems used in past 20 years
Newtek Video Toaster - slow but that 8088 chip worked just fine
(early) Avid = talk about balky
Media 100 PC based - had to enter in 10 minute segments then save, and develop a transition
later Avid ( still balky)

A couple of Windows based systems ( they're probably still locked up)
Early Adobe Premiere (GRRR.)
Final Cut Express - are you kidding me ???

Macro Systems Casablanca - ah relief !!! Things work !
PaulBusta
Casablanca Unit: S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS, with much software.

Re: Non-linear history

Post by PaulBusta »

I got the original 040 Cassy when it first came out and I thought it was GREAT!! I had never had such editing power before. Sure it was slow but I had no problems with it, the problems came when MS started making it more powerful with more features, OS & effects wise. The same goes for cars. :lol:
Paul Busta

P.A.B. Digital Video Productions
S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS with much software.
Casablanca user since 1997.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: Non-linear history

Post by CKNewman »

I remember looking into something called an Edimator in 1996-1997 or so. http://www.oldvcr.tv/collection/index.h ... l=Edimator

A company that wrote some kind of video software was selling some of them. I didn't feel there was enough support so I never pursued it. The same software company that sold them may have written a software add-on package for the Macrosystem Smart Edit series. I'm thinking it was something like Elastic Dreams but I'm not sure.
Craig Newman